Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Anjelica Huston. Check it out!
Anjelica Huston was born on July 8, 1951 in Santa Monica, California, to prima ballerina Enrica “Ricki” (Soma) and director and actor John Huston. Her mother, who was from New York, was of Italian descent, and her father had English, Scottish, and Scots-Irish ancestry. Huston spent most of her childhood overseas, in Ireland and England, and in 1969 first dipped her toe into the acting profession, taking a few small roles in her father’s movies. However, in that year her mother died in a car accident, at 39, and Huston relocated to the United States, where the tall, exotically beautiful young woman modeled for several years.
Interesting Facts about Anjelica Huston
- Has stated that she was “desperate” to read for Franco Zeffirelli’s Romeo and Juliet (1968), but her father had her cast in A Walk with Love and Death (1969)’ instead.
- When Richard Avedon, a friend of Huston’s parents, first shot her, he told Ricki (Anjelica’s mother) that Anjelica’s shoulders were too big for her to be a model. He’d later photograph her for Vogue.
- Was to direct Million Dollar Baby (2004) but when producer Al Ruddy acquired the ‘Rope Burns’ rights, Hustin was busy on another project and Clint Eastwood took the job.
- In Blood Work (2002), she works with Clint Eastwood. In White Hunter Black Heart (1990), Eastwood plays a movie director based on her father, John Huston, in a story about his experiences making The African Queen (1951).
- Played a witch in four films: Captain EO (1986), The Witches (1990), The Addams Family (1991), Addams Family Values (1993) and The Mists of Avalon (2001).
- Andy Warhol captured her in one of his famous Polaroids.
- Survived a near-fatal car accident. She was driving down Coldwater Canyon at dusk when a BMW came very, very fast from up ahead and clipped the bumper of the car in front of her. Huston’s face smashed into the windshield and she was admitted to Cedars-Sinai, where she had a long operation to remove bone shards from her forehead and skull, and reconstruct her nose. When she woke up Jack Nicholson was there with flowers. In interview, Huston shared that the accident was a life changing. 
- Worked with Christina Ricci in four different films: The Addams Family (1991), Addams Family Values (1993), Bastard Out of Carolina (1996) (Huston’s directorial debut), and Buffalo ’66 (1998).
- Was considered for the role of “Catherine Tramell” in Basic Instinct (1992), which went to Sharon Stone.
- Offered but declined the role of the female lead in Mac and Me (1988).
- (March 24, 1986) 31st actress to receive the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Prizzi’s Honor (1985) at The 58th Annual Academy Awards (1986). Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss presented her with the Oscar. After her speech, she exited the stage back into the audience to be her father, seated in the middle of the center row, with tears down his cheeks. Tzetzi Ganev designed her Oscar dress, a green silk, in honor of her Irish upbringing.
- Directed by eight Academy Award winners: Clint Eastwood, Woody Allen, James Ivory, Sean Penn, Francis Ford Coppola, Milos Forman and Tony Richardson.
Personal Quotes by Anjelica Huston
Where there is age there is evolution, where there is life there is growth.- Anjelica Huston
I don’t see myself ever retiring, unless it’s for something that I like better, and so far I like directing a lot but I don’t see the necessity to retire from anything unless there’s a really great alternative.- Anjelica Huston
Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ is such a powerful book, and ‘Love in the Time of Cholera’ is so strangely, brilliantly optimistic.- Anjelica Huston
I do like the ocean wave, actually. I’m born under the sign of Cancer – the sign of the crab – so I like coastal areas and sunny beaches and such – although not the wide-open and deep seas.- Anjelica Huston
I’m not all that big on rides. I sort of like bumper cars but I don’t really go to Disneyland all that much unless if have nieces and nephews or people to take.- Anjelica Huston