Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Aubrey Plaza. Check it out!
Aubrey Christina Plaza (born June 26, 1984) is an American actress and comedian known for her deadpan style. She portrayed April Ludgate on Parks and Recreation (2009), and after appearing in supporting roles in several films, had her first leading role in the 2012 comedy Safety Not Guaranteed (2012).
Interesting Facts about Aubrey Plaza
- Is in a long-term relationship with Jeff Baena.
- Graduate of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Her father is Puerto Rican. Her mother has German, English, Irish, and Swiss-German ancestry.
- Plaza was named after the song, “Aubrey”, by the pop/rock group Bread, which was written and composed by David Gates.
- Friends with Chris Pratt.
- She makes an appearance as an NBC Page in the 30 Rock (2006) episode, 30 Rock: Tracy Does Conan (2006). Before she was an actress, she actually interned with the NBC Page program.
- Plaza had never done stand-up comedy before appearing in and performing stand-up comedy in the movie Funny People (2009).
- One of several internships she had was working in the art department at Saturday Night Live (1975).
- Counts The MatchMaker (1997) as one of her all-time favorite films.
- Her dream role is to portray DC Comics character and Batman love interest Selina Kyle/Catwoman.
- On March 12, 2010, Plaza performed at ‘A Night of 140 Tweets: A Celebrity Tweetathon for Haiti’, produced by Rob Huebel, Paul Scheer, Ben Stiller, and Mike Rosenstein, at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in Los Angeles.
Personal Quotes by Aubrey Plaza
I just want to keep finding special characters that I feel like I can bring to life and characters that are real and not superficial.- Aubrey Plaza
I’m not a super emotional person, so that’s one reason I love acting – it makes me deal with myself in that kind of way.- Aubrey Plaza
I am a Netflix/DVR junkie. I don’t like to watch TV without a plan.- Aubrey Plaza
I’m not super comfortable in my skin. I have to make it work for me, and that usually amounts to making it uncomfortable for everyone else.- Aubrey Plaza
When I was in high school I was a really huge ‘SNL’ fan. I remember the cast around the time I started watching it – Will Ferrell, Ana Gasteyer, Molly Shannon, Cheri O’Teri, Tracy Morgan. I did research to find out how people got on the show. Their bios always said they came from an improv team, so I started taking classes.- Aubrey Plaza