Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Barbara Eden. Check it out!
Barbara Eden was born as Barbara Jean Morehead in Tucson, Arizona, went on and become one of America’s most endearing and enduring actresses. A graduate of Abraham Lincoln High School in San Francisco, California. Eden would go on to study at San Francisco’s City College as well as the San Francisco Conservatory of Music and the Elizabeth Holloway School of Theatre. While her aspirations as a singer motivated her during her early years for a career in music, it was her starring role in the NBC TV comedy series, I Dream of Jeannie (1965) where Barbara Eden immediately gained international acclaim!
Interesting Facts about Barbara Eden
- Her parents, Hubert Henry Morehead & Mary Alice/Alice Mary (Franklin) were married in Santa Cruz Co. AZ on January 31st, 1931.
- She and third husband Jon Eicholtz were married in 1991 in San Francisco’s Grace Cathedral Church, which Barbara attended as a child.
- Graduated from Abraham Lincoln High School in San Francisco, CA, in 1949.
- Barbara’s last name was changed from “Huffman” to “Eden” by her first agent.
- She had a nightclub act for a while after I Dream of Jeannie (1965). She was actually a talented singer, and she performed various kinds of songs in her act.
- The presence of her belly-button on I Dream of Jeannie (1965) was a non-issue until its existence was questioned, playfully, by columnist Mike Connolly. When Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In (1967) producer George Schlatter decided to premiere it on his show, NBC issued a “No Navel Edict”.
- Her parents divorced when she was three and her mother Alice later married Harrison Connor Huffman.
- In addition to playing Jeannie on I Dream of Jeannie (1965), she also played Jeannie’s “evil twin” sister, Jeannie II. The two were opposite in every conceivable respect, from personality (good/evil) to hair color (blonde/black).
- Son was Matthew Ansara (b. 29 August 1965 – d. 25 June 2001).
- Aunt of Katherine Fugate. Barbara is godmother of Katherine’s daughter, Madeleine Barbara Fugate.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7003 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on November 17, 1998.
- Ex-mother-in-law of Julie Ansara.
Personal Quotes by Barbara Eden
Out of all the actors I have worked with, I love working with Larry Hagman the most. We were very close and it was just a wonderful time.- Barbara Eden
I didn’t know I was compared to Elizabeth Montgomery, but I think that I’m in very good company with her.- Barbara Eden