Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ben Platt. Check it out!
Ben Platt was born on September 24, 1993 in Los Angeles County, California, USA as Benjamin Schiff Platt. He is an actor, known for Pitch Perfect (2012), Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) and The Politician (2019).
Interesting Facts about Ben Platt
- Won a Lucille Lortel Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Musical for “Dear Evan Hansen” .
- Ben’s father is Marc Platt, an Emmy and Tony award-winning and Oscar nominated producer. One of his most famous Broadway productions is Wicked, which starred Ben’s brother, Jonah Platt, in the role of Fierro.
- Merited a place in TIME magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People” issue with an homage written by Zac Efron. [May 2017]
- New York, NY, USA: Attending college, freshman year, at Columbia University. [August 2012]
- Enjoys SoulCycle.
- Signed a record deal with Atlantic Records [September, 2017].
- Listed in Forbes “2018: 30 Under 30 List”.
- Son of Julie (Beren) and Marc Platt. Brother of actor Jonah Platt.
- People Magazine’s Sexiest Broadway Performer .
- As a child, Platt attended Camp Ramah in California, one in a network of Jewish summer camps affiliated with the Conservative Judaism Movement. During an interview on “Late Night with Seth Meyers,” Platt told Meyers that he was once in a Camp Ramah production of the musical “Guys and Dolls” in which he performed the lead role of Sky Masterson entirely in Hebrew.
- On June 11, 2017, Ben Platt won a Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical for playing the title character in the Broadway musical Dear Evan Hansen.
- Nominated for the Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for “Dear Evan Hansen” .
Personal Quotes by Ben Platt
If you had asked me, in the days of me dreaming about what would happen in the future, who I would want to write my first original musical, it would hands-down have been Pasek and Paul.- Ben Platt
I was packing to go to Columbia University, and they told me that weekend that I got the ‘Pitch Perfect.’- Ben Platt
From day one, musical theater was my bread and butter.- Ben Platt
There was never anything else I wanted to pursue. It was always theater, and movies are a fairly new thing.- Ben Platt
We’ve done as best a job as we can making it clear that I’m earning what I’m earning because of me and not because of who my father is. But at the same time, I’m not ignoring things that would be dumb to ignore, like people that I can know through him and experiences I can have through him and things that I can learn from him.- Ben Platt