Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Bo Derek. Check it out!
Bo Derek was born on November 20, 1956 in Long Beach, California, USA as Mary Cathleen Collins. She is an actress and producer, known for Bolero (1984), Ghosts Can’t Do It (1989) and Tommy Boy (1995). She was previously married to John Derek.
Interesting Facts about Bo Derek
- Bo and John Derek were of the many celebrities who liked to make weekend visits to Ralph Helfer’s “Africa U.S.A.” Exotic Animal Ranch in Soledad Canyon, California to play with the animals and pitch in with the chores.
- Attended the Republican National Convention in New York in 2004 to show her support for President George W. Bush and the Iraq war.
- Was announced as a roaster for Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe (2016) but did not appear. No explanation was given for her absence.
- Has Dutch, English, German, Irish and Welsh descent.
- C.J. the Orangutan fell in love with her at first sight as they were making the movie Tarzan the Ape Man (1981).
- Her father, Paul Collins, was the marketing and public relations director at Kawasaki Motorcycles in the early 1970s.
- Photographer for the John Corbett tour. She shot his self-titled CD cover.
- Turned down Priscilla Presley’s role in The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (1988).
- Named envoy to Fight Animal Trafficking by the United States State Department.
- Bo’s stepchildren, Russell Derek (1950-1999) and Sean Catherine Derek (born 1953), were older than she.
- She is a member of the California Horse Racing Board.
- Was romantically linked to Ted Turner and Kiefer Sutherland in the early ’00s.
Personal Quotes by Bo Derek
For a long time, I wanted children. When I was about 30 or 32, I really thought about it.- Bo Derek
Also there is a twist to the story as I’m being haunted and driven crazy, attacked and so on. All I seem to do is run and scream and cry in every scene.- Bo Derek
When you look at women who have had plastic surgery, they have lost something – usually an expression, something unique to their face.- Bo Derek
Probably some of the projects I chose to do after that had more to do with what people thought of me. The industry was very open and probably hoping that I could do anything.- Bo Derek
There’s an incredible fascination for that and that goes with violence and everything else in pictures.- Bo Derek