Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Brooklyn Decker. Check it out!
Actress and former model Brooklyn Danielle Decker was born in Kettering, Ohio, the oldest child of Tessa Renee (Moore), a nurse, and Stephen Michael Decker, a pacemaker salesman. She has a younger brother, Jordan. Decker has German, English, and Irish ancestry. When she was a teenager, she was discovered by a talent spotter in a shopping mall in Charlotte, North Carolina and embarked on a modeling career. Her first modeling engagement was for a prom dress maker.
Interesting Facts about Brooklyn Decker
- Andy Roddick announced on his website that he and Decker were engaged in March 2008 and were later married in April 2009.
- Mother Tessa is a nurse and father Stephen works with pacemakers.
- Ranked #16 in Maxim magazine’s “Hot 100” list in 2014.
- Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine’s Young Hollywood Issue (May 2010).
- She has German, Irish, English, and distant Dutch, ancestry.
- Appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue every year from 2006-2011, appearing on the cover of the 2010 issue.
- She was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame on March 7, 2019.
- Voted #33 in Ask Men’s “Top 99 Most Desirable Women” list in 2012.
- She and tennis champ husband Andy have two dogs named Billie Jean King and Bob Costas.
- Ranked #36 in the Spanish version of DT magazine’s “Sexiest Woman” list in 2011.
- She was born in Kettering, Ohio, but raised in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- She is a big fan of the Dave Matthews Band.
Personal Quotes by Brooklyn Decker
I have an insane sweet tooth.- Brooklyn Decker
I’m not going to sit here and say, ‘Pity me; I came from modeling.’ It’s opened a lot of doors. People will take meetings because they’ve heard the name before. That’s an advantage that I have.- Brooklyn Decker
I don’t see myself doing catalog shoots in Madrid anymore like I was doing two years ago. I hope that the acting side of things grows.- Brooklyn Decker
My parents had us very young. We lived in a modest house. We built forts, we hiked, we went camping and they wanted us to be independent. It’s how children grew up in the 1940s and 50s: outside all the time, playing in the dirt, riding your bike around.- Brooklyn Decker
You become a model once you go through hair, makeup, and Photoshop.- Brooklyn Decker