Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Bryce Dallas Howard. Check it out!
Bryce Dallas Howard was born on March 2, 1981, in Los Angeles, California. She was conceived in Dallas, Texas (the reason for her middle name). Her father, Ron Howard, is a former actor turned Oscar-winning director. Her mother is actress and writer Cheryl Howard (née Alley). Her famous relatives include her uncle, actor Clint Howard, and her grandparents, actors Rance Howard and Jean Speegle Howard. She also has two younger twin sisters, Jocelyn and Paige Howard (also an actress), born in 1985, and a brother, Reed Howard, born in 1987. Her ancestry includes German, English, Scottish, and Irish.
Interesting Facts about Bryce Dallas Howard
- Became friends with her Jurassic World (2015) co-star Chris Pratt, when they first met in January 2014.
- Has frequently been called upon to replace other actresses unable to reprise their roles in sequels to successful film series. She replaced Nicole Kidman in Manderlay (2005), the sequel to Dogville (2003); Claire Danes (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)) in Terminator Salvation (2009); and Rachelle Lefevre (Twilight (2008) and The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)) in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010)). Only once, so far, has she been the actress who was replaced: She played Gwen Stacey in Spider-Man 3 (2007)), but was replaced in the reboot The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) by Emma Stone, with whom she appeared in The Help (2011).
- Stepgranddaughter of Judy Howard.
- During rehearsals at the Manhattan Theater Club, she was billing herself as “Bryce Dallas” but later had second thoughts because the name made her sound like a porn star.
- Graduated from Greenwich Country Day School (a school that carries grades Kindergarten through 9th) in Greenwich, Connecticut in June 1996. Later graduated from Byram Hills High School in Armonk, New York in June 1999.
- Has played the younger sister to Judy Greer in 2 films: The Village (2004) & Jurassic World (2015).
- The actor who plays the photographer during the crane accident scene in Spider-Man 3 (2007) performed magic for her at a birthday party when she was in the second grade.
- Returned to work 6 months after giving birth to her son Theo in order to begin filming The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond (2008).
- Has 3 younger siblings: Reed Cross Howard and the twins Paige Howard and Jocelyn Carlyle Howard. All 4 were named after places in which they were conceived.
- Alumna of Stella Adler Studio of Acting.
- Good friends with Jason Ritter and Marianna Palka.
- Attended Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts camp with Natalie Portman.
Personal Quotes by Bryce Dallas Howard
I’m really into sci-fi. I always have been. In addition to that, I’ve always had a tremendous fascination with the lure of the Apocalypse or Judgment Day or the Mayan calendar, etc., etc.– Bryce Dallas Howard
Whenever I hear the word ‘breakout,’ I associate it with acne.– Bryce Dallas Howard
You meet your soulmate, and you’re like, ‘Well, this is it. This is the feeling of falling in love, and it’s the most intense it can ever be.’ Then you have a child, and it’s like – it’s huge!– Bryce Dallas Howard
I’m not an NRA member, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t appreciate shooting blanks out of a machine gun.– Bryce Dallas Howard
My dad is the most humble man on the planet.– Bryce Dallas Howard