Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Carla Gugino. Check it out!
Carla Gugino was born in Sarasota, Florida, to Carl Gugino, an orthodontist. She is of Italian (father) and English-Irish (mother) ancestry. Gugino moved with her mother to Paradise, California, when Carla was just five years old. During her childhood, they moved many times within the state. But she remained a straight-A student throughout high school and graduated as valedictorian. A major modeling agency discovered Carla in San Diego and sent her to New York to begin a new career when she was 15. New York was more than she could handle at that young age, so she returned to LA in the summer, modeling and enrolling in an acting class at the suggestion of her aunt, Carol Merrill, known from Let’s Make a Deal (1963). During her free time, Carla enjoys yoga, traveling and spending time with her friends in Los Angeles.
Interesting Facts about Carla Gugino
- Modeled for the prestigious Elite agency as a teenager but was considered too short for fashion runway work.
- The fictional date of August 29, 1997 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) occurred on her 26th birthday.
- Boyfriend is writer/director Sebastian Gutierrez, with whom she has worked on her TV series Karen Sisco (2003) and Rise (2007).
- Had a kidney operation when she was only 4 years old.
- Her father was of Italian descent. Her mother’s ancestry is English and Irish.
- Was her high school’s valedictorian.
- Niece of actress Carol Merrill (Carol was married to Carla’s uncle, Mark Burgess). Carol’s daughter is actress Hillary Safire.
- Good friends with Elizabeth Berkley.
- Starred in two films in March 2009 that were back to back openings and USA box office kings. Watchmen (2009) opened March 6th, 2009, and was the number one film of the weekend. Race to Witch Mountain (2009) opened March 13th, 2009, and was the number one film of that weekend.
- Has a long scar on her left side (towards her back) from a a Kidney operation when she was 4 years old.
- Is only seven years older than Malin Akerman, who played her daughter in Watchmen (2009).
- Featured in the 1994 Bon Jovi music video, “Always”, alongside Jack Noseworthy, Jason Wiles and Keri Russell.
Personal Quotes by Carla Gugino
It is odd there are many movies with many men. But generally movies have one woman, or maybe the older woman and the younger girl.- Carla Gugino
My father and my mother separated when I was two.- Carla Gugino
Sucker Punch’ is a big girl power movie.- Carla Gugino
Unfortunately, ‘chick flick’ has become a term to describe most movies that I don’t even like. They’re these movies that, yes, have women in them but they really don’t reflect who women are, and there’s something kind of silly or shallow or gossipy about them.- Carla Gugino
I feel like I’m the only person – or woman, at least – who hasn’t read ‘Fifty Shades of Grey.’- Carla Gugino