Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Christina Aguilera. Check it out!
Christina Maria Aguilera was born on December 18, 1980 in Staten Island, New York City to musician Shelly Loraine Fidler Kearns and U.S. Army sergeant Fausto Wagner Xavier Aguilera Monge. Her father is Ecuadorian and her mother, who is American-born, has English, Scots-Irish, and German ancestry. Her parents divorced when she was young and she lived with her mother, although they moved around a lot. Her goal almost since birth was to be a singer, and at age 12 she was invited to audition for The All New Mickey Mouse Club (1989). She won the part and stayed until the show ended. In 1999 she had her breakthrough hit, “Genie in a Bottle.” Since then she’s made millions of fans, sold millions of records, and won many awards, including a Grammy for Best New Female Artist. She has even made a Latin album and released a Christmas album.
Interesting Facts about Christina Aguilera
- Nominated for two MTV Italian Music Awards for First Lady (2007) and Hot & Sexy Award (2011).
- Has her own shoe line, which is manufactured by ES Orginals. The shoe box that has her picture on it, can be used as a CD holder or picture frame.
- Is mentioned in Eminem’s song “The Real Slim Shady” and spoofed in the song’s music video.
- She has four tattoos; on the back of her neck – “Xtina”, on her left waist, on her left wrist and on her arm – “Te Amo Siempre”.
- Her second studio album “Stripped” has sold over 12 million copies worldwide.
- Is an NPC (non-playable character) in The Sims: Superstar, an expansion pack for The Sims.
- Considers Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Etta James and Billie Holiday as her most important musical influences.
- Has sold 50 million albums worldwide.
- Won the Premios Amigo Award for Best International Newcomer. .
- She was named Glamour magazine’s very first Woman of the Year (2004).
- Won two Channel V Thailand Music Video Awards for Popular Duo/Group Video, “Lady Marmalade” (with Pink, Mya, and Lil’ Kim) (2002) and Popular Female Video “Beautiful” (2003).
- Is mentioned in the song “Riot Girl” by Good Charlotte.
Personal Quotes by Christina Aguilera
You used to have to sing and convey emotion, and now, well, technically you can do anything with technology. It sucks for music today, but that’s why that old music feels so good to me.- Christina Aguilera
I turned to music originally because of my past and needing a release or an outlet to get out anger or frustration or hurt.- Christina Aguilera
I have a lot of things to say and a lot of things to let out of me.- Christina Aguilera
My mom brought me up to believe that my talent is a gift and a blessing.- Christina Aguilera
It’s an amazing thing to say, ‘I’m beautiful,’ without feeling like you’re cocky.- Christina Aguilera