Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Christina Ricci. Check it out!
Precocious, outspoken child-teen starlet of the 1990s, Christina Ricci was born in 1980 in Santa Monica, California, the youngest of four children of Sarah (Murdoch), a realtor, and Ralph Ricci, a lawyer and therapist. She is of Italian (from her paternal grandfather), Irish, and Scots-Irish descent. She made her screen debut at the age of 9 in Mermaids (1990), in which she worked with Winona Ryder and Cher. Her breakthrough adult role was in The Ice Storm (1997), in which she plays a nymphet who skillfully seduces two brothers. She worked with Johnny Depp and Casper Van Dien in the Tim Burton film Sleepy Hollow (1999).
Interesting Facts about Christina Ricci
- Pennsylvania rock band Anthrophobia has a song about Christina on their 1999 release, “In The Zero To 3 Movement.” The song is called “Ricci” and it appears as track 3.
- Was roommates with Michelle Williams while filming Prozac Nation (2001) with her.
- Born on the same day as Sarah Lancaster.
- Both she and her Mothers and Daughters (2016) co-star Eva Amurri Martino were 9 months pregnant with their 1st children when they completed filming the movie. They had their babies in August 2014.
- Was turned down four times for the role of Lolita in Lolita (1997), which eventually went to Dominique Swain.
- She was the fourth child of Ralph and Sarah Ricci. Her siblings are Dante, Pia and Rafael.
- (October 26, 2013) Married her boyfriend of 2 years James Heerdegen following a year-long engagement.
- Nicknamed Squant by her siblings because of a childhood fascination with the Native American hero Squanto, who helped the first European settlers in America.
- Is good friends with her Sleepy Hollow (1999), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), and The Man Who Cried (2000) co-star Johnny Depp.
- Wore braces when she was younger.
- Her last name is pronounced, “Ree-chee”.
- Turned down the role of Dora Diamond in Loser (2000).
Personal Quotes by Christina Ricci
I’m one of those people who loves to fly.- Christina Ricci
My brother always teases me about my forehead: ‘I could eat off it!’- Christina Ricci
I feel like some of the best talent is on TV right now, with the writing, acting and great directors. I’ve also been looking for the consistency of work that TV provides for you. And, I always thought it would be really interesting to live with a character for months, if not years.- Christina Ricci
I just want to be married, or just engaged. Basically, I just want a ring. And the tax break.- Christina Ricci
I certainly hope I’m not still answering child-star questions by the time I reach menopause.- Christina Ricci