Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Christopher Walken. Check it out!
Nervous-looking lead and supporting actor of the American stage and films, with sandy colored hair, pale complexion and a somewhat nervous disposition. He won an Oscar as Best Supporting Actor for his performance in The Deer Hunter (1978), and has been seen in mostly character roles, often portraying psychologically unstable individuals, though that generalization would not do justice to Walken’s depth and breadth of performances.
Interesting Facts about Christopher Walken
- Doesn’t use a computer or own a cell phone.
- The May 4, 1988, edition of Variety, announced the film “Atuk” began filming February 16, 1988, but production halted after one day. Director was Alan Metter. The cast included Christopher Walken and Ben Affleck.
- At the beginning of The Dead Zone (1983), he tells his class to read “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”. Sixteen years later, he plays The Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow (1999). Later in the film, he has a student whom he’s tutoring to read Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven”. Later in life, Walken read the poem for an audio book.
- Along with Alec Baldwin, he has a standing invitation to host Saturday Night Live (1975) every year (if scheduling permits).
- One of the few hosts of Saturday Night Live (1975) who has hosted enough times to have his own recurring skit (“The Continental”).
- He has appeared in three films that have been selected for the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically or aesthetically” significant: Annie Hall (1977), The Deer Hunter (1978) and Pulp Fiction (1994).
- Is widely known to be a very private man.
- Was cast in the role of Eric Qualen in Cliffhanger (1993) but left before filming began. The part went to John Lithgow.
- His wife, Georgianne Walken, and his brothers, Ken Walken & Glenn Walken, still call him “Ronnie”.
- His performance as Nick Chevotarevich in The Deer Hunter (1978) is ranked #88 on Premiere Magazine’s 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- Attended the Professional Children’s School.
- Was robbed at the airport in Venice and his The Prophecy II (1998) script, glasses, keys, drivers licence, and $100 were stolen. All items were later found, except for the money.
Personal Quotes by Christopher Walken
I’d love to do a character with a wife, a nice little house, a couple of kids, a dog, maybe a bit of singing, and no guns and no killing, but nobody offers me those kind of parts.- Christopher Walken
There’s an impression that actors make a lot of choices. I just take what’s there.- Christopher Walken
When I was a kid I joined the circus. I did that. It is true. But it’s not like you think. There was a guy, he had his own circus. His name was Carol Jacobs and he owned it. It was a small thing.- Christopher Walken
Laurence Olivier said in an interview once that when he plays a tragedy he always aims for the funny parts, and the other way around. Because in a comedy you look for what’s serious. I think that’s true. Sometimes things are really funny if you’re absolutely earnest. If you’re really serious, it’s hilarious.- Christopher Walken