Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dan Levy. Check it out!
Daniel Levy is an Emmy® winning showrunner, and a writer, actor, director, and producer, best known for his work on one of the most beloved shows on television, Schitt’s Creek, which he co-created with his father Eugene Levy. For its fifth season, the show earned four Emmy® nominations including Best Comedy Series, a PGA Award nomination, a GLAAD Media nomination for Best Comedy Series, two Screen Actors Guild Award nominations including Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series, and five Critics’ Choice Award nominations including Best Comedy Series and one for Levy for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
Interesting Facts about Dan Levy
- He is good friends with Stacey Farber who played Rachel on the CBC comedy series Schitt’s Creek (2015) in S4E7 Schitt’s Creek: The Barbecue (2018). They went on vacation together to Japan.
- Older brother of Sarah Levy.
- He was named after the Elton John song Daniel. His parents had met Elton and his partner David Furnish at an Emmys after-party. Eugene text Dan to “come find us.” Dan ran into his parents after the after-party and he asked “what did he say after you told him that I was named after his song?”? Eugene said “we didn’t tell him.”.
- Nephew of Fred Levy.
- He is good friends with Catherine O’Hara, who is his co-star on Schitt’s Creek (2015), who has known him since he was a baby.
- Dan came out to his mother at age 18. Dan’s dad was waiting for him to come out, but his mom couldn’t wait and asked her son if he was gay. Dan said “Yes!”.
- He’s the son of comedic actor Eugene Levy and Deborah Divine.
Personal Quotes by Dan Levy
A little confidence can make the simplest of T-shirts look like a million bucks.- Dan Levy
In an age where overindulgence seems to be the norm, I can’t help but look back and feel thankful that my parents chose to hold out on giving me everything that I wanted growing up.- Dan Levy
Anxiety is my kryptonite.- Dan Levy
I grew up with my dad sitting us down at the holidays and putting on ‘The Honeymooners.’- Dan Levy
I’ve never really learned anything when I feel like it’s being forced down my throat.- Dan Levy