Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Daniel Radcliffe. Check it out!
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe was born on July 23, 1989 in Fulham, London, England, to casting agent Marcia Gresham (née Jacobson) and literary agent Alan Radcliffe. His father is from a Northern Irish Protestant background, while his mother was born in South Africa, to a Jewish family (from Lithuania, Poland, Russia, and Germany). Daniel began performing in small school productions as a young boy. Soon enough, he landed a role in David Copperfield (1999), as the young David Copperfield. A couple of years later, he landed a role as Mark Pendel in The Tailor of Panama (2001), the son of Harry and Louisa Pendel (Geoffrey Rush and Jamie Lee Curtis). Curtis had indeed pointed out to Daniel’s mother that he could be Harry Potter himself. Soon afterwards, Daniel was cast as Harry Potter by director, Chris Columbus in the film that hit theaters in November 16, 2001, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001). He was recognized worldwide after this film was released. Pleasing audiences and critics everywhere, filming on its sequel, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), commenced shortly afterwards. He appeared again as Harry in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) directed by Alfonso Cuarón, and then appeared in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) directed by Mike Newell. Shortly afterwards, he finished filming December Boys (2007) in Adelaide, Australia, Kangaroo Island, and Geelong, Australia which began on the 14 November 2005 and ended sometime in December. On January 27, 2006, he attended the South Bank Awards Show to present the award for “Breakthrough Artist of the Year” to Billie Piper. Daniel reprised his famous character once again for the next installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007). In February 2007, he took on his first stage role in the West End play Equus, to worldwide praise from fans and critics alike. Also that year, he starred in the television movie My Boy Jack (2007), which aired on 11 November 2007 in the UK.
Interesting Facts about Daniel Radcliffe
- The Trevor Project announced that Daniel Radcliffe had made a “major” donation to them and joined their “Circle of Hope”, a group of their high-donating supporters. The Trevor Project operates a national (US) crisis and suicide prevention helpline for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth (who are four times more likely to attempt suicide than heterosexual children and teens). The Trevor Project was inspired by the short film Trevor (1994), about a gay boy who attempts suicide; the organization was started by the film’s creators in 1998. [August 2009]
- Is a huge fan of indie rock. Some of his favorite bands include: The Zutons, Razorlight, The Libertines, Bloc Party, Hope of the States, The Futureheads, and ‘Kaiser Chiefs’.
- Is a huge fan of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and waited in line for his autograph after the Lords test in July 2007. Sachin obliged without actually looking up.
- Ranked #79 on Forbes magazine’s list of The Celebrity 100. 
- Voted Person of the Year 2002 by Time Kids.
- Dan scared the make-up department crew when he came on set with bloodied sticking plasters on his face claiming that he had been fighting the previous day (just for a laugh).
- The Guardian (UK) reported that Radcliffe has published some poetry under the pen name Jacob Gershon. Jacob is his middle name, and Gershon is the original Yiddish name from which his mother’s maiden name, Gresham, was derived.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on November 12, 2015.
- Is very close to actor Gary Oldman.
- Ranked #6 on Forbes magazine’s list of The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars. 
- Says he does not read any articles or reviews about himself or his movies.
- Has stated that 12 Angry Men (1957) is the first black-and-white film he ever saw and is also his favorite film.
Personal Quotes by Daniel Radcliffe
I’m also a fan of ridiculously coloured and patterned socks.- Daniel Radcliffe
There is something inherently valuable about being a misfit. It’s not to say that every person who has artistic talent was a social outcast, but there is definitely a value for identifying yourself differently and being proud that you are different.- Daniel Radcliffe
I’m not clumsy, I’m just accident prone.- Daniel Radcliffe
I was in the bath at the time, and my dad came running in and said, ‘Guess who they want to play Harry Potter!?’ and I started to cry. It was probably the best moment of my life.- Daniel Radcliffe
No. I am not a royalist. Not at all. I am definitely a republican in the British sense of the word. I just don’t see the use of the monarchy though I’m fierce patriot. I’m proud proud proud of being English, but I think the monarchy symbolizes a lot of what was wrong with the country.- Daniel Radcliffe