Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Eddie Redmayne. Check it out!
British actor Eddie Redmayne won the Academy Award for Best Actor (for The Theory of Everything (2014)).
Interesting Facts about Eddie Redmayne
- Has appeared in three biopics about the Tudor Family, including two biopics about Elizabeth I. In 2005, he played Southampton in Elizabeth I (2005), and in 2007, he played Anthony Babington in Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007). Both of the characters were traitors. In 2008, he appeared in The Other Boleyn Girl (2008) as Sir William Stafford, the second husband of Mary Boleyn, sister of Anne Boleyn, the mother of Elizabeth I; one of the leading characters is Henry VIII, father of Elizabeth I.
- Is an Old Etonian
- Won the Laurence Olivier Best Supporting Actor Award in March 2010 for his role in “Red” (Donmar Warehouse, London).
- Uncle of Georgia (b. 1997) and John Redmayne (b. 2001), born to his half-brother Charles and his wife Annabel.
- Son of Richard (b. 1938) and Patricia (née Burke) Redmayne (b. 1949).
- He was named Outstanding Newcomer at the London Evening Standard Awards 2004 and the London Critic’s Circle Theatre Awards 2005 for his performance in Edward Albee’s “The Goat or Who is Sylvia”, with Jonathan Pryce at the Almeida Theatre, Islington.
- Very close friends with Jeremy Irvine.
- Won the Tony Award in 2010 as Actor (Featured Role – Play) for his performance in “Red”.
- While he was as Eton College, he auditioned for the role of Tom Marvolo Riddle in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002). However, he did not get the call back from the casting director.
- When he first auditioned as a 12-year-old for a role as one of the princes in the tower in Richard III (1995), he was turned down by lead Ian McKellen as being unsuitable for the role.
- Brother of James (b. 1979), a bank manager, and Thomas (b. 1987). Younger half-brother of Eugenie (b. 1965) and Charles (b. 1966), an Internet-entrepreneur from his father’s previous marriage to Maxine Brodrick.
- Presented an award at the 2006 Orange BAFTA Awards ceremony.
Personal Quotes by Eddie Redmayne
Ladies and babies, and mortgages, for that matter, can all wait. Acting has done a strange thing to me, though. I often sit there, thinking, ‘I love this, but I wouldn’t put my daughter on the stage.’- Eddie Redmayne
I had never been to a fashion show before going to the Burberry show last month. It was an extraordinary spectacle. I was incredibly green and had no idea what an undertaking it is. I also have a new respect for models because they are so close to the front row and must be so self-conscious.- Eddie Redmayne
Listen, acting is not surgery, it’s entertainment. You’re doing something to hopefully move people, to make them laugh, to transport them. But actors are vulnerable, and the reason we’re vulnerable is that we’re always trying to recreate human behaviour.- Eddie Redmayne
What’s really interesting about actors, is that we all have opinions on how people’s careers look, but I think you never have any idea of your own, or what other people think of you.- Eddie Redmayne