Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Elizabeth Banks. Check it out!
Elizabeth Banks was born Elizabeth Mitchell in Pittsfield, a small city in the Berkshires in western Massachusetts near the New York border, on February 10, 1974. She is the daughter of Ann (Wallace), who worked in a bank, and Mark P. Mitchell, a factory worker. Elizabeth describes herself as having been seen as a “goody two-shoes” in her youth who was nominated for the local Harvest Queen.
Interesting Facts about Elizabeth Banks
- Has a weakness for cupcakes.
- Turned down a role in The Crazies (2010) because the role was too similar to her character in Slither (2006), and she didn’t want to repeat herself.
- Dated her husband for eleven years before marrying. She met him on her first day at the University of Pennsylvania, 1992.
- Former Brownie and Girl Scout.
- Wife of Max Handelman. She and her husband work as a production team (Brownstone Productions). They met at the University of Pennsylvania.
- She went through most of the process of conversion to Judaism when marrying her husband, and said in 2013, “I’ve been essentially a Jew for like 15 years”.
- Became a mother for the 1st time at age 37, when her son, Felix Handelman, was born in March 2011 via surrogate. Child’s father is her husband, Max Handelman.
- Became a mother for the 2nd time at age 38, when her son, Magnus Mitchell Handelman, was born in November 2012, via surrogate. Child’s father is her husband, Max Handelman.
- Her ancestry includes English, Irish, Scottish, and more distant Dutch.
- Got the role in Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008) after Rosario Dawson turned it down.
- Oldest of four children in a divided house. (Her mom was for the Boston Red Sox and her dad was for the New York Yankees.).
- Graduated from American Conservatory Theater’s Advanced Training Program in 1998.
Personal Quotes by Elizabeth Banks
You have got to have an agent. It’s a business. But I think there is a way to be artful and commercial at the same time.Elizabeth Banks
Comedy often comes at the expense of others, and to do that smartly, you don’t want to make fun of vulnerable people. You want to make fun of people in power, and so you need to really understand the dynamics of power.Elizabeth Banks
When I was in college I was accused of being a goody two-shoes. But every goody two-shoes has a bad side.Elizabeth Banks
I play Rock Band, which is Guitar Hero times ten. You can play with four people, so when you have parties, you have a real band. Nobody ever wants to sing, so I’m always the one throwing down on the mic.Elizabeth Banks
I’m very genetically blessed; I cannot deny it, but I work hard at keeping myself together. Yes, I have nice cheekbones and skinny legs, but I can’t take any credit for it.Elizabeth Banks