Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Emilio Estevez. Check it out!
Emilio Estevez was born on May 12, 1962, in New York City. He is the eldest son of actor Martin Sheen, who at the time was just breaking into the business. His mother, Janet Sheen (née Templeton), was a former New York art student who had met Emilio’s father right after he had moved to Manhattan. Martin and Janet had three other children, Charlie Sheen, Renée Estevez, and Ramon Estevez, all of whom became actors. His father is of half Spanish and half Irish descent, and his mother, whose family is from Kentucky, has English and Scottish ancestry.
Interesting Facts about Emilio Estevez
- Listed as one of twelve “Promising New Actors of 1985” in John Willis’ Screen World, Vol. 37.
- He once took a Robert McKee screenwriting course.
- Was one of the nine original members of the 1980s “brat pack”, along with Judd Nelson, Sean Penn, Anthony Michael Hall, Demi Moore, Rob Lowe, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy and Andrew McCarthy.
- Sold his California home.
- Almost went broke while writing the screenplay for Bobby (2006).
- Dated Mimi Rogers from 1981-82 and served as best man at her 1987 wedding to Tom Cruise.
- Was once engaged to Demi Moore.
- Both Emilio and brother Charlie Sheen have played the son of real father Martin Sheen; Emilio in both The War at Home (1996) and The Way (2010) (which Emilio also wrote and directed), and Charlie in Wall Street (1987) and two episodes of Spin City (1996).
- His father is of half Spanish and half Irish ancestry, and his mother has English and Scottish ancestry.
- Emilio Estevez has starred with his younger brother Charlie Sheen in the movies “Rated X”, “Young Guns”, “Badlands”, “Loaded Weapon 1”, “Wisdom”, and “Men At Work”. Additionally, Estevez guest-starred on Charlie Sheen’s TV sitcom “Two and a Half Men” (2003).
- Was originally set to play the lead in Oliver Stone’s Platoon (1986), but when production shut down for two years, he moved on to other projects. The role then went to his brother Charlie Sheen. He was later cast in Stone’s doomed project “Jawbreaker”.
- Because of writers block while writing the script for Bobby (2006), his brother Charlie Sheen suggested he change his surroundings. Estevez drove about 150 miles north of Los Angeles and randomly chose a motel to spend the night. While talking about his project with the woman working the front desk, she revealed she was actually in the ballroom the night Robert Kennedy was shot.
Personal Quotes by Emilio Estevez
Writing is a lonely job unless you’re a drinker, in which case you always have a friend within reach.- Emilio Estevez
My mother missed having dinner with Lyndon Johnson because she couldn’t find the right hat to wear. While my father went off to the white house to break bread with the President, my mother, who’s not a things and stuff person, stayed at the hotel and tried on 10 different hats and missed dinner.- Emilio Estevez
Spiritually, we’re all on a path. I haven’t declared of defined myself because as soon as you declare yourself you’re identifying with a certain dogma.- Emilio Estevez
You know, we’re a tight family. I live right down the street from my folks. I talk to my mother every day. I’m a momma’s boy. We all are. So there’s no exclusion in this family. You’re part of it. We embrace you and lift you up.- Emilio Estevez