Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Eminem. Check it out!
Eminem was born Marshall Bruce Mathers III in St. Joseph, Missouri, to Deborah R. (Nelson) and Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr., who were in a band together, Daddy Warbucks. He is of English, as well as some German, Scottish, and Swiss-German, ancestry. Marshall spent his early childhood being shoved back and forth from Kansas City and Detroit. He settled on the Eastside of Detroit when he was 12. Switching schools every two to three months made it difficult to make friends, graduate and to stay out of trouble. Marshall attended Lincoln High School in Warren, Michigan, 1986-1989.
Interesting Facts about Eminem
- January 2008 – Released from a Detroit hospital after being rushed there during Christmas 2007. His publicist attributed this to a bout with pneumonia.
- His estimated net worth is $160 million.
- Has a tattoo of his daughter Hailie Jade Mathers on his right lower shoulder.
- Released an album called “Curtain Call: The Hits” which is a collection of his greatest hits, with 3 new songs. [December 2005]
- Filed for divorce less than 3 months after re-marrying his ex-wife Kimberly Anne Scott.
- Was the only guest artist appearing on Jay-Z’s album, “The Blueprint.”
- Released Recovery in which he expresses his disappointment in his last album. Recovery received overall positive reviews. [June 2010]
- Is good friends with Jay-Z.
- He said the only way he will go back to his angry lyrics is if a rapper called out his daughter Hailie, which isn’t likely.
- At the 1997 Rap Olympics in Los Angeles, he came in second.
- The Eminem Show has sold more than eight million albums
- Admitted on 60 Minutes (1968) that he would never have imagined writing lyrics about helping others before he became sober (based on his song, “Not Afraid on Recovery”).
Personal Quotes by Eminem
My thing is this; if I’m sick enough to think it, then I’m sick enough to say it.Eminem
Fame hit me like a ton of bricks.Eminem
I want to solidify as an artist and show that as I grow as a person and make mistakes and learn from them, I’m going to grow artistically.Eminem
Why is it so hard for people to believe that white people are poor?! I wouldn’t say I lived in a ghetto; I’d say I lived in the ‘hood. The same friends I had back then are the same people on tour with me now.Eminem
Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.Eminem