Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Emma Stone. Check it out!
Emily Jean “Emma” Stone was born in Scottsdale, Arizona, to Krista (Yeager), a homemaker, and Jeffrey Charles Stone, a contracting company founder and CEO. She is of Swedish, German, and British Isles descent. Stone began acting as a child as a member of the Valley Youth Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona, where she made her stage debut in a production of Kenneth Grahame’s “The Wind in the Willows”. She appeared in many more productions through her early teens until, at the age of fifteen, she decided that she wanted to make acting her career.
Interesting Facts about Emma Stone
- Her middle name, Jean, was her grandmother’s first name.
- Due to the controversy of being one of twenty white actors nominated for an Oscar while no actors of color were nominated in 2015, she says she learned a major lesson about Hollywood and that her eyes have been opened.
- Her family’s surname was anglicized to “Stone” after immigrating to the United States.
- Since 2017, Stone has been in a romantic relationship with Saturday Night Live (1975) segment director Dave McCary.
- Daughter of Jeffrey Charles Stone, Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a general-contracting company, and wife Krista Jean (Yeager), homemaker, and older sister of Spencer Stone.
- Engaged to Dave McCary [December 4, 2019].
- Was considered for the lead female role in 21 Jump Street (2012), but she had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts with The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).
- Has a younger brother named Spencer Stone.
- Was ranked #42 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2011 list.
- Both she and her Aloha (2015) co-star, Rachel McAdams, had starred in romance movies with Ryan Gosling. In their films with Gosling, the two actresses do a love scene with the actor in the home his character lives in, after having coming in out of the rain.
- Announced her engagement to Saturday Night Live writer/director Dave McCary after 2 years of dating on December 4, 2019.
- Although she’s known as a redhead, her natural hair color is blonde. It was Judd Apatow who suggested she change her hair color for Superbad (2007) and she liked it so much that she decided to keep it.
Personal Quotes by Emma Stone
I think there are plenty of soulmates out there. That’s what I choose to believe.- Emma Stone
I used to do Facebook but you get a little too wrapped up in that stuff. Its more distracting than anything so I don’t any more. I left it behind. I detoxed!- Emma Stone
I think women should wear whatever makeup they want for themselves. Makeup should be fun.- Emma Stone
I like to look like a person. It drives me crazy when you see women in movies playing teachers, and they have biceps. It totally takes me out of the movie. I start thinking, Wow, that actress playing this part really looks great!- Emma Stone
At first, when you go to premieres and award shows, you’re thinking, ‘How the hell am I here? All these people I’ve never met are here, and it’s so cool!’ And then, as time goes on, it’s a little bit like, ‘Ah… it’s more like work.’- Emma Stone