Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Emmy Rossum. Check it out!
It would seem that 2004, the year of her 18th birthday, will be remembered as pivotal for Emmy Rossum due to her appearance in two very different films, The Day After Tomorrow (2004) and The Phantom of the Opera (2004). Emmy’s performance in the latter film gained her a Golden Globe nomination.
Interesting Facts about Emmy Rossum
- Worked with Justin Chatwin on both Dragonball Evolution (2009) as characters who are friends, and then in Shameless (2011) (2011-2015) as characters who are lovers.
- She is a fan of Audrey Hepburn. She played the teenage Hepburn in The Audrey Hepburn Story (2000).
- Her favorite actors are Sean Penn (her Mystic River (2003) co-star) and Miranda Richardson (her The Phantom of the Opera (2004) co-star).
- Was ranked #48 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 of 2010 list.
- Emmy Rossum made her directorial debut with a season 7 episode of “Shameless.”
- (May 28, 2017) Married her boyfriend of 3 years Sam Esmail following a 2-year-long engagement. This is her 2nd marriage.
- At the age of seven, Emmy Rossum joined the Metropolitan Opera Children’s Chorus.
- Has appeared in 20 different operas singing in five languages.
- Currently taking classes at Columbia University in the City of New York [December 2004]
- Attended the Spence School in Manhattan, an elite private girls’ school that was also attended by Gwyneth Paltrow and Kerry Washington.
- Born on the same date as Alfie Allen.
- Currently a spokesperson with a series of public service announcements for “Pinkitude.com”, a breast cancer awareness website. [January 2009]
Personal Quotes by Emmy Rossum
I feel like I’ve come out of this grown up, maybe because I live through the character vicariously and she grows up so much during the course of this story.- Emmy Rossum
People who take risks like Amy Winehouse and Norah Jones take a second to catch on, but eventually they do because they’re different and honest in a musical landscape that’s not always like that.- Emmy Rossum
Too many times you come across lyrics that sound like you’ve heard them before or you can’t really relate to them. And I think that I write songs that sound fresh and sensual in kind of a layered, lush way. But I also think that they are real, and that’s why I wanted to call the record ‘Inside Out.’- Emmy Rossum
I can put my legs behind my head and sing ‘Happy Birthday.’ Because that’s something that me and my friends used to do when we were in gymnastics class as kids, and I can still do it. I was doing it since I was 8 and 9. They used to call me Gumby. Very bendy.- Emmy Rossum
Being yourself is one of the hardest things because it’s scary. You always wonder whether you’ll be accepted for who you really are. I decided to call my record ‘Inside Out’ because that’s my motto about life. I don’t think you ever succeed at trying to be anyone else but who you truly are.- Emmy Rossum