Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Eva Green. Check it out!
French actress and model Eva Gaëlle Green was born on July 6, 1980, in Paris, France. Her father, Walter Green, is a dentist who appeared in the 1966 film Au hasard Balthazar (1966). Her mother, Marlène Jobert, is an actress turned children’s book writer. Eva’s mother was born in Algeria, of French, Spanish, and Sephardi Jewish heritage (during that time, Algeria was part of France), and Eva’s father is of Swedish, French, and Breton descent. She has a fraternal twin sister, Joy. Eva left French school at 17. She switched to the American School in France for one year. She left the American School and studied acting at Saint Paul Drama School in Paris for three years, then had a 10-week polishing course at the Weber Douglas Academy of dramatic Art in London. She returned to Paris as an accomplished young actress, and played on stage in several theater productions: “La Jalousie en Trois Fax” and “Turcaret”. There, she caught the eye of director Bernardo Bertolucci. Green followed a recommendation to work on her English. She studied for two months with an English coach before doing The Dreamers (2003) with Bernardo Bertolucci. During their work, Bertolucci described Green as being “so beautiful it’s indecent”.
Interesting Facts about Eva Green
- Was a contender to play Carol Ferris in Green Lantern (2011).
- Described her character in Cracks (2009) as complicated.
- Before meeting Carla Bruni, French President Nicolas Sarkozy invited Green to join him on his campaign trail. She politely declined.
- Favorite actress is Isabelle Adjani.
- Was cast as the female lead in Antichrist (2009), but was dropped because of a complicated contract.
- Was in a relationship with actor Marton Csokas from 2005 to 2009.
- She turned down a role in Brian De Palma’s The Black Dahlia (2006) with Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson.
- Has a non-identical twin sister, Joy, who studied business and is married to an Italian count. Joy and her husband reside in Normandy, where they rear horses.
- One of her dream acting jobs would be to portray a serial killer.
- Empire Magazine chose her character, Vesper Lynd as the 9th sexiest female character in cinema history.
- Stated her desire to work with French compatriot Marion Cotillard.
- Made her first magazine cover when she was two months old.
Personal Quotes by Eva Green
In this business actors who have Botox or surgery make you very aware of age. It’s awful.- Eva Green
I have Algerian, Turkish, Swedish, Spanish blood: I feel like a citizen of the world. Life and cinema don’t have borders.- Eva Green
I play the piano. I bought an upright piano that is actually electric, so I can practice my scales with headphones on and not make my neighbours’ lives hell!- Eva Green
I was born in Paris, and it’s a beautiful place, but London feels like home. I like the village feeling, I like running in the parks – even the food isn’t as bad as it used to be.- Eva Green