Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Gillian Jacobs. Check it out!
Gillian Jacobs was born on 19 October 1982 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US. Her father, William F. Jacobs Jr., is an investment banker and her mother, Martina Magenau Jacobs, is an alumni relations officer at Carnegie Mellon University. She is an alumnus of Mt. Lebanon High School, Pennsylvania, and Juilliard School, New York. Gillian Jacobs holds a bachelor’s degree in fine arts. She began acting at a young age by attending acting classes at the Pittsburgh Playhouse on weekends. Jacobs made her acting debut portraying the role of Titania in Pittsburgh Public Theater’s stage adaptation of Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’
Interesting Facts about Gillian Jacobs
- Studied acting at the Juilliard School, in New York City, graduating in 2004.
- Was accepted to Harvard and Northwestern University but chose to attend Julliard.
- Good friends with Community (2009) co-star Joel McHale.
- Niece of former Secretary of Transportation Samuel Skinner.
- Her forename, Gillian, is pronounced with a hard “G” (as with Gilda, Gilmore etc).
- Made her New York stage debut in 2006 in “Cagelove”. Her performance as an assault victim was praised in a New York Times review, which said she “has the glow of a star in the making”.
- Her first love is theatre. She started acting at the Pittsburgh Public Theater and frequently competed in an annual Shakespeare Monologue Contest.
- Starred in such off-Broadway productions as “Little Flower of East Orange”, which was directed by Philip Seymour Hoffman, as well as “A Feminine Ending”, directed by Blair Brown.
- Jacobs is of Irish, Scottish, German, and French heritage.
Personal Quotes by Gillian Jacobs
I am trying to break free from my stripes addiction, but the pull is strong! I need help buying non-stripes.- Gillian Jacobs
I never thought I would be in a comedic role; my past is in drama.- Gillian Jacobs
I think maybe my mom thought that Katharine Hepburn would be a good role model of, like, a strong, smart, independent woman. Maybe she steered me in that direction. You know, because she was really so ahead of her time.- Gillian Jacobs
I’ve thought a lot about how if something horrible happened, and if it were like ‘The Road’ situation, I’ve decided I don’t want to survive past the death of society as we know it.- Gillian Jacobs
I’m not conservative, but I am kind of clean living in my own life.- Gillian Jacobs