Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Haley Joel Osment. Check it out!
Haley Joel Osment is an American actor who has proven himself as one of the best young actors of his generation. He is the first millennial male to have received an Academy Award nomination for acting.
Interesting Facts about Haley Joel Osment
- Though Osment is now a well-known actor, what many people don’t know is that Forrest Gump (1994), a very popular contemporary classic, was one of his first films. That is not surprising, since his screen time was only about two minutes, despite playing the son of the title character. It was another five years before he became famous with The Sixth Sense (1999), another popular contemporary classic.
- Just finished some additional scenes for Home Of The Giants (2006) [August 2006]
-  Was ranked #7 in E’s 50 cutest child stars all grown-up.
- He was the first male born in the 1980s, and the first millennial male, to have received an Academy Award nomination for acting (for 1999’s The Sixth Sense). Eddie Redmayne is the first millennial male to have won an acting Oscar (for The Theory of Everything (2014)), while Anna Paquin is the first millennial female to have received an Oscar nomination, and the first to win (for The Piano (1993)).
- Auditioned for Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999), but didn’t get a callback.
- He’s a big lover of lizards. He owns two leopard geckos from Pakistan as pets and, as a favorite pastime, likes to catch and release lizards in his backyard or on vacations.
- Became the eighth-youngest nominee for a competitive Academy Award in 2000.
- His father, Eugene Osment, frequently makes cameo appearances in his movies.
- Although rumored to be Steven Spielberg’s favorite to play the title role in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001), had Spielberg directed the film as once planned, Osment himself denied this and was vehemently against the series even being made into films lest the magic of the novels be ruined.
- His favorite cuisine is Chinese, and he eats it constantly.
- Favorite music: R.E.M., Coldplay, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Flying Lotus, and Led Zeppelin.
- Ran cross country for Flintridge Prep.
Personal Quotes by Haley Joel Osment
You always have to avoid working for the sake of putting yourself out there.- Haley Joel Osment
My parents are from the South – they were both born in Birmingham – so my dad saw R.E.M. really early on when they were playing college stuff in Athens. He had a bunch of their cassettes from the ’80s, and when I was 8, 9, or 10, those were the sort of things that were around the cassette player in the living room.- Haley Joel Osment
For me, choice is the most important thing because I’m going to be an adult actor pretty soon. So I’ve got to be choosing the right roles now so that by the time I get to that age there will be wide options available.- Haley Joel Osment
My parents never got carried away with the extraneous elements of being in the business.- Haley Joel Osment
When I was a little kid, I loved imagining things. I’d go outside and put on a cape and just imagine I was somebody else.- Haley Joel Osment