Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Harry Styles. Check it out!
Harry Edward Styles was born on February 1, 1994 in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England, the son of Anne Twist (née Selley) and Desmond “Des” Styles, who worked in finance. Harry makes his acting debut in “Dunkirk.” The critically acclaimed film topped the US box office in its first weekend and was one of the top grossing films of the summer.
Interesting Facts about Harry Styles
- He owns homes in Los Angeles, New York, and London, but has said that he prefers living in London.
- On his father’s side, Harry is the grandson of Keith Frederick Styles and Beryl German. On his mother’s side, Harry is the grandson of Brian William Selley and Mary Smith.
- He’s a self-proclaimed feminist and egalitarian and was seen wearing a shirt that read “Women Are Smarter”, distributed by the It’s A Sickness shop. Part of the proceeds of this T-shirt go to Planned Parenthood.
- The first preschool he went to was called Happy Days.
- He wrote all the songs on his debut album “Harry Styles” and also his sophomore album, “Fine Line”.
- He has expressed his support for the LGBTQ community consistently since he was eighteen years old. Most notably, he wore a shirt that read “Love Is Equal”, called out the Westboro Baptist Church on social media and during one of his concerts, wore a jersey of Michael Sam (the first openly gay football player to be drafted by the NFL) during his band’s concert in Saint Louis, has shown his support for The Lesbian and Gay Switchboard Organisation, shouted “Happy Pride” on Pride Day during his band’s concert in San Ciro, Italy, and used his social media several times to post rainbow flags on important dates (after the Pulse shooting, when gay marriage was legalized in America, etc).
- His band mates have jokingly nicknamed him Harold, leading to much confusion among fans. His real name is actually Harry on his (public record) birth certificate.
- He has a collection of over fifty tattoos.
- He idolizes Stevie Nicks, Chris Martin, and Mick Jagger, among others and has listed the band Queen as one of his biggest musical inspirations.
- His imitation of Mick Jagger on Saturday Night Live was lauded by Mick Jagger himself as “the best one he’d seen so far”.
- He can juggle.
- He has expressed several times that the image the media has portrayed of him is not true and has shown disdain when being called a womanizer or when it’s implied he likes older women.
Personal Quotes by Harry Styles
Ages ago, my girlfriend had this little park near her house, with a bridge running over a stream… and I set up all these candles on the bridge. But when I called her and told her she said it was too dark and she wasn’t coming out.- Harry Styles
I wouldn’t say I’m girl-crazy, because that makes me sound like a bit of a womanizer. That isn’t really me. But I am quite flirty – maybe too flirty. I’m an 18-year-old boy, and I like to have fun!- Harry Styles
I find ambition really attractive too – if someone’s good at something they love doing. I want someone who is driven.- Harry Styles
I’m quite old-fashioned. I like going out to dinner. You have the chance to talk to somebody and get to know them better.- Harry Styles
You get moments all the time that kind of make you pinch yourself, some of them make you quite emotional. Winning a BRIT was a big moment because we were just so excited to be at the awards in the first place. Selling out Madison Square Garden was pretty amazing too. Then we woke to the news that our UK tour was sold out. It was crazy.- Harry Styles