Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Hayden Christensen. Check it out!
Hayden Christensen was born April 19, 1981 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. His parents, Alie and David Christensen, are in the communications business. He is of Danish (father) and Swedish and Italian (mother) descent. Hayden grew up in Markham, Ontario, with siblings Kaylen, Hejsa, and Tove. Hayden set out to become an actor when a chance encounter at the age of eight placed him in his first commercial, for Pringles. When he was thirteen, he had starring roles in several dramatic television series.
Interesting Facts about Hayden Christensen
- Filming Factory Girl (2006) in Shreveport, Louisiana. [January 2006]
- On the set of Factory Girl (2006) in Louisiana, he shared a house with co-star Sienna Miller.
- Is partially of Swedish descent, as are his on-screen mother Pernilla August and son Mark Hamill from the Star Wars films.
- He fractured his hand during the filming of a rather violent scene in Life as a House (2001) in which his character hits a wall.
- Has a younger sister named Kaylen Christensen (b. 1984), an older sister named Hejsa Christensen and an older brother named Tove Christensen.
- Is the third actor to play Anakin Skywalker, and is the only who has played the non-Vader Anakin more than once. Sebastian Shaw played the role only in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983), and had died by the time the prequels were made. Jake Lloyd played Anakin in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999). Hayden played the young adult Anakin in both Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005).
- Was discovered when his older sister, Hejsa Christensen, a former trampoline champion, was shopping around for an agent. No one was home to baby-sit him so he went along and it was suggested that he get an agent, himself.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- Currently filming Virgin Territory (2007) (aka “The Decameron”). [May 2005]
- Resides in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada.
- In 2005, he was named one of People Magazine’s “50 Hottest Bachelors” and also one of Teen People Magazine’s “25 Hottest Stars Under 25”.
- Is the only actor to have portrayed Anakin Skywalker and his Sith alter ego, Darth Vader, in the same movie, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005). All other times, Anakin and Vader have been played by different actors.
Personal Quotes by Hayden Christensen
A long time ago, in a country not so far away, I was eight years old, doing my best Darth Vader imitation.– Hayden Christensen
I try to stay away from the L.A. scene as much as possible. I feel it helps me to better prepare for my roles if I am not too involved in that whole thing.– Hayden Christensen
One of the things I find about acting is that the less the audience knows about the actor, the more they’re able to believe in him in the role.– Hayden Christensen
I’ve always been kind of a hermit.– Hayden Christensen
I have two sisters and a mother, obviously, so I grew up with a household of girls. Maybe I have a greater respect for women because of it.– Hayden Christensen