Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Isla Fisher. Check it out!
Isla Lang Fisher was born on February 3, 1976 in Muscat, Oman, to Scottish parents Elspeth Reid and Brian Fisher, who worked as a banker for the U.N. She spent her early childhood in Bathgate, Scotland, before moving to Perth, Australia with her family in the early 1980s. From a young age, Isla showed an interest in both acting and writing. At nine years old, she was appearing in Australian TV commercials. She landed some small parts in the Australian television series Bay City (1993) (aka “Bay City”). This led to a bigger part in the television series Paradise Beach (1993). When that show ended, she landed a role in the long-running Australian soap opera Home and Away (1988). While working on that show, she indulged in another of her passions, writing, and published two best-selling novels, “Seduced By Fame” and “Bewitched”. In 1997, she was picked by the readers of FHM magazine as #35 on the list of the “100 Sexiest Women in the World”, and in 2003, she placed 26th.
Interesting Facts about Isla Fisher
- Her mother is a romance novelist.
- Converted to Sacha Baron Cohen’s religion, Judaism, and took the name Ayala, meaning “doe” in Hebrew.
- Returned to work 12 months after giving birth to her daughter Elula to begin filming Bachelorette (2012).
- Gave birth to her first child at age 31, daughter Olive Cohen, on October 17, 2007 in Los Angeles. Child’s father is her fiancee (now husband), Sacha Baron Cohen.
- Born in Oman of Scottish parents.
- Grew up in Perth, Western Australia.
- She almost drowned during shooting a scene for Now You See Me (2013), in which she performed in a piranha tank. The top of the tank remained opened so that Fisher would be able to swim to the top to get some air, and there was also an emergency lever inside the tank that, if pulled, would alert the crew that she needed help. During one take, Fisher was running out of air and tried to swim to the top, but the chains on the handcuffs she was wearing got stuck on the bottom of the tank, so she was unable to swim to the top or pull the lever. She then attempted to alert the crew by hitting the glass of the tank, but since her character is supposed to be panicked and scared in the scene, the crew thought she was acting. The stunt coordinator finally realized that something was wrong after he noticed that her handcuffs were stuck.
- Her first name is pronounced Eye-Lah.
- On March 15, 2010, she married her boyfriend of eight years and father of her two-year-old daughter Olive, Sacha Baron Cohen, in Paris following a six-year-long engagement.
- Her first job was as a lottery ad extra. She was so excited that she hyperventilated for four hours and nearly fainted.
- Is so often mistaken for actress/friend Amy Adams that she and her prankster husband Sacha Baron Cohen once pasted Amy’s face over Isla’s on their custom holiday greeting cards with the message, “Season Greetings from Sacha, Isla and the Kids”. Apparently none of the recipients even noticed. And, when Lady Gaga met her in person, she told her how much she loved her acting in American Hustle (2013) (starring Amy Adams), Isla didn’t want to spoil her excitement — then Amy Adams actually walked in.
- Sister-in-law of Erran Baron Cohen.
Personal Quotes by Isla Fisher
You know, I didn’t get to go to university because I’ve been acting since I was a kid.Isla Fisher
I think audiences have always wanted to see women in the movies, but every time a movie like ‘Bridesmaids’ comes out, everyone says, ‘Oh how funny, people do want to see women in the movies.’Isla Fisher
I breastfed both my kids for two years so, you know it was very tiring emotionally and physically.Isla Fisher
Being a mother is by far my greatest accomplishment.Isla Fisher
Growing up, there wasn’t much emphasis on being nice or naughty. As a family, there wasn’t much discipline. It was more relaxed at home, which I’m grateful for.Isla Fisher