Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jack Black. Check it out!
Jack Black was born Thomas Jacob Black in Santa Monica, California, to Judith Love (Cohen) and Thomas William Black, both satellite engineers. He is of British-German (father) and Russian Jewish (mother) ancestry. Black attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins’s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack’s appearances in such television shows as The X Files (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band, Tenacious D, have created an ever-growing cult following.
Interesting Facts about Jack Black
- He and Kirsten Dunst were considered for Land of the Lost (2009). Black was in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) and Dunst was in Jumanji (1995).
- Filmed a television pilot called Heat Vision and Jack (1999) co-starring Ron Silver, and Christine Taylor, and directed by Ben Stiller. The series was a parody of Knight Rider (1982), as well as other action adventure series, and featured a talking motorcycle voiced by Owen Wilson.
- His wife is a triplet. Her sisters, Petra Haden and Rachel Haden, also musicians, used to be members of the band “That Dog”. Petra was also a former member of the band The Decemberists. Their brother is Josh Haden.
- He and Mike White formed a production company called Black and White.
- Is a member of, what the media refers to as the Frat Pack along with Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Steve Carell and Luke Wilson. The Frat Pack name is a reference to the film Old School (2003), which features Vaughn, Ferrell, and Wilson, due to the wide number of films featuring the seven actors. Black’s “Frat Pack” films include The Cable Guy (1996), Envy (2004), and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004).
- One of his closest friends is Dave Grohl.
- Jack’s paternal grandfather, Thomas Walter Black, had English, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish ancestry, partly by way of Canada, and Jack’s paternal grandmother, Gladys Rose Zachman, was from an ethnic German family that lived in Romania and Ukraine. Jack’s maternal grandparents, Morris Cohen and Sarah Roisman, were Russian Jewish immigrants. Jack’s father converted to Judaism when he married Jack’s mother.
- Born on the same date as Jason Priestley.
- Sang backup vocals for the songs in Bob Roberts (1992).
- Became a father for the first time at age 36 when his wife Tanya Haden gave birth to their son Samuel Jason Black on June 10, 2006.
- Is good friends with Tim Robbins, Cesar Gonzalez and Will Smith.
- Said he considers The Who to be the greatest band of all time, explaining that “they were the first ones to ever rock HARD… the recklessness, the deliciousness!”.
Personal Quotes by Jack Black
I played, like, a year of piano until I learned the ‘Pink Panther’ theme. That was my goal. Once I was good enough, I quit. Now my music has to have some rock.- Jack Black
Push-ups, sit-ups, and a strict diet of raisins. That’s my plan.- Jack Black
My parents were very supportive of me and my artistic endeavours. My father and mother came to every school play I ever did.- Jack Black
With the acting, it’s somebody else’s brainchild, and I’m just sort of helping flesh it out. There’s a special satisfaction to being the brains behind the operation.- Jack Black
When you think about rock at its origin, and you think of the Beatles and millions of kids screaming as loud as they can and running as fast as they can towards the Beatles, there’s no one who is that kind of lightning rod, who commands that kind of power and has that kind of creative magma.- Jack Black