Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jennifer Grey. Check it out!
Jennifer Grey is an American actress who starred in the film Dirty Dancing (1987) opposite Patrick Swayze, a sleeper hit that would become one of the biggest films of the 1980s. She had previously appeared with Patrick Swayze in John Milius’s cold war drama Red Dawn (1984) as ‘Toni’, one of the ‘Wolverines’, a group of renegade teenagers fighting for their country during World War III.
Interesting Facts about Jennifer Grey
- In a recent interview for Channel 5 (UK), she said that having plastic surgery to her nose was the worst mistake she had ever made. This was because she was no longer recognizable as the girl from the film Dirty Dancing (1987), just somebody who looked a bit like her.
- Was cast as Gene Wilder’s wife in the 1994 sitcom Something Wilder (1994) in 1994, but was replaced when test audiences disapproved of the two lead characters’ age difference in the pilot.
- As of March 2010 was living in Los Angeles with family.
- 2010 Winner of Dancing with the Stars (2005).
- Jointly made the decision to divorce with husband Clark Gregg and filed in June 2020, just the month before what would have been their 19th wedding anniversary.
- Classmate of Tracy Pollan at the private Dalton School in New York City.
- Her parents are both from Jewish families (from Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, and Ukraine).
- Daughter of Broadway actor/dancer/choreographer Joel Grey and Jo Wilder.
- Separated from husband Clark Gregg in January 2020, after almost 19 years of marriage.
- Was previously engaged to Matthew Broderick and Johnny Depp.
- Studied acting at New York City’s prestigious “Neighborhood Playhouse” under legendary acting coach, Sanford Meisner.
- Granddaughter of Mickey Katz.
Personal Quotes by Jennifer Grey
I think relationships are really hard. Each one gives you lessons that you need.- Jennifer Grey
I went to dance class as a girl because I didn’t like sports, but I never did a dance recital in my life. Never, ever, ever. I felt comfortable dancing, and I was happiest dancing, but I was never the best person in the class.- Jennifer Grey
I just don’t get that new hot music. I don’t know anything about all these groups like U2.- Jennifer Grey
I would love to work with my dad! We’ve never done anything live together. I’m always open to working with talented people, and I think my dad certainly qualifies.- Jennifer Grey
I’m ticking things off my list: I had a tumor removed; I had spinal surgery; I had four surgeries in three months.- Jennifer Grey