Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jennifer Jason Leigh. Check it out!
Jennifer Jason Leigh was born Jennifer Lee Morrow in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of writer Barbara Turner and actor Vic Morrow. Her father was of Russian Jewish descent and her mother was of Austrian Jewish ancestry. She is the sister of Carrie Ann Morrow and half-sister of actress Mina Badie.
Interesting Facts about Jennifer Jason Leigh
- Moved in with Jack Black and Nicole Kidman during filming Margot at the Wedding (2007), because they wanted to perfect their roles as a dysfunctional family.
- She won the role in Washington Square (1997) over Meg Ryan and Anne Heche.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 48, a son Rohmer Emmanuel Baumbach on March 17, 2010. Child’s father is her now ex-husband, Noah Baumbach.
- Jennifer attended the strict Stagedoor Manor summer camp in upstate New York which trains teenagers in acting, singing, and dancing. Her classmates include actor Zach Braff from NBC’s Scrubs (2001), writer-director Todd Graff, and actress-singer Mandy Moore.
- In 1997, Jennifer appeared in Faith No More’s music video “Last Cup of Sorrow”. Its plot was derived from Alfred Hitchcock’s film Vertigo (1958).
- She was one of several actresses considered by Jane Campion for the Holly Hunter role in The Piano (1993), but she was unable to meet with her because she was shooting Rush (1991) at the time.
- Selected as one of “America’s 10 Most Beautiful Women” by Harper’s Bazaar Magazine, 1989.
- Member of the jury at the “Venice Film Festival” in the year 2000.
- The daughter of actor Vic Morrow and actress-screenwriter Barbara Turner, Morrow (nee Morozoff) died during the filming of the movie Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) when he was killed in a helicopter accident. Leigh and her father were estranged at the time of his death and he left her $100 in his will. Leigh is of entirely Ashkenazi Jewish descent. Her paternal grandparents, Harry Morozoff and Jean Kress, were emigrants from Russia. Her maternal grandfather, Alexander Turner, was an emigrant from Austria, and her maternal grandmother, Pearl Pauline Zises, was born in New York, to Austrian-born parents.
- Auditioned for the Nicole Kidman role in To Die For (1995).
- Jennifer has acted with three of the four acting Baldwin brother in five different movies: Miami Blues (1990) and Lymelife (2005) with Alec Baldwin; Last Exit to Brooklyn (1989) and Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994) with Stephen Baldwin; and Backdraft (1991) with William Baldwin.
- Jennifer lost weight down to 86 pounds for her role as an anorexic teenager in the TV-movie The Best Little Girl in the World (1981).
Personal Quotes by Jennifer Jason Leigh
I love Polaroids and I have a Polaroid camera collection from the ’50s.- Jennifer Jason Leigh
Writing, producing and directing, I must say, is incredibly satisfying and gratifying. I’ve never been happier.- Jennifer Jason Leigh
I hate parties. I don’t like big crowded things.- Jennifer Jason Leigh
I’m a typical middle child. I’m the mediator. The one that makes everything OK, puts their own needs aside to make sure everybody’s happy. It’s hard to change your nature, even with years and years of therapy.- Jennifer Jason Leigh
I just don’t want to talk about my personal life. I feel like it’s mine, I’m not trying to promote it. It’s nice to have things that are your own, that you value enough that you don’t have to use to sell a movie.- Jennifer Jason Leigh