Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jennifer Love Hewitt. Check it out!
Jennifer Love Hewitt was born in Waco, Texas, to Patricia Mae (Shipp), a speech-language pathologist, and Herbert Daniel Hewitt, a medical technician. She has English, Scottish, and German ancestry. She got her first name from her older brother Todd Daniel Hewitt (b. November 8, 1970), who picked the name after a little blonde girl he then had a crush on. Her mother selected Jennifer’s middle name, Love (which she goes by offstage), from her best friend at college. Her parents separated when she was six months old. She was raised by her mother in Harker Heights, Texas. She made her official performing debut at age 3 where she sang at a livestock show. At age 5, she was taking tap, jazz, and ballet lessons which led her to joining the Texas Show Team, which toured the Soviet Union and Europe. At age 10, the family moved to L.A. with the encouragement of talent scouts, while Todd stayed behind to finish high school in Texas. Jennifer quickly found commercial work and a role on Disney’s Kids Incorporated (1984) in 1984. She went through a series of television flops before finally hitting it big on Party of Five (1994) in 1995.
Interesting Facts about Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Sent three dozen pink roses to Gwyneth Paltrow the night before Paltrow won the Oscar in 1999. Hewitt also wrote her a two-page letter praising her as a role model and admiring her work. Paltrow sent a reply a week later, and Hewitt framed it – “it’s my favorite thing.” When the two actresses met for the first time at the 2000 Golden Globes, “she came up to me and gave me a hug for the flowers. I thought I was going to pass out. I was absolutely going to have a heart attack.”.
- Cat named “Don Juan”; got the name “Love” from mother’s college roommate; mother’s name is Pat Hewitt, older brother is Todd Hewitt.
- Ranked #11 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
- Voted in at #7 in FHM’s Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, American edition. [June 2002]
- Is a huge fan of the Glasgow Celtic Football Club.
- She lost the role of Darlene Davis in Brokedown Palace (1999) to Kate Beckinsale because of scheduling conflicts.
- Named #20 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt is two years younger than her former “Kids Incorporated” co-stars Devyn Puett and Kenny Ford Jr.
- Gave birth to her second child at age 36, a son named Atticus James Hallisay, born on June 24, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. Child’s father is her husband, Brian Hallisay.
- Contrary to reports, she was not replaced by Jennifer Lopez in The Wedding Planner (2001). Hewitt has stated in interviews that she had been developing her own film by the same title, but was forced to cancel it once the film with Lopez was released. The two films were unrelated.
- Ranked #32 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- She disappeared at the age of 4 while at a restaurant-dance hall. She was found on the stage singing “Help Me Make It Through the Night”.
Personal Quotes by Jennifer Love Hewitt
Remember, your body is a temple, not a 7-Eleven.Jennifer Love Hewitt
If you walk out of the house and think you feel great, or if someone tells you that you look amazing, believe it and just say thank you.Jennifer Love Hewitt
The ultimate dream in life is to be able to do what you love and learn something from it.Jennifer Love Hewitt
Most of the time I’m in khakis and a white T-shirt. I’m a total Gap girl. Super casual, hair in a pony tail and no makeup.Jennifer Love Hewitt
Sometimes I feel like the best role models and the people you should look up to most are the people who make mistakes because they show you how to overcome them and walk through that mistake with integrity and grace.Jennifer Love Hewitt