Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jessica Simpson. Check it out!
Jessica Simpson has taken the music, fashion and entertainment industries by storm. A talented artist with universal appeal, she has become an international star and media darling.
Interesting Facts about Jessica Simpson
- She has English, some Scottish, and distant German and Swiss-German, ancestry.
- Born on the same date as Thomas Ian Nicholas.
- (July 9, 2009) Separated from Tony Romo the day before her 29th birthday.
- Ranked #53 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
- Godmother of Wilder Frances Cobb (born April 24, 2015), daughter of her best friend Cacee Cobb and her husband Donald Faison.
- Was voted #1 in People magazine’s 10 Most Stylish Moments for her “Daisy Duke” look. [September 2005]
- Named #16 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement.
- At the age of 12, she attended an acting seminar presented by Chuck Norris…whose teaching methods included putting heavy-duty tape on Jessica’s eyebrows, so that they’d stay in place during her performances. He also cited Denzel Washington as an example of how to act.Despite a popular misconception, neither Jessica nor her music were ever featured on Norris’s hit TV series “Walker, Texas Ranger”.
- She and her ex-husband Nick Lachey lived in Calabasas, California, which was also the location of their show Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica (2003).
- Was nominated for the 2006 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress along side her sister Ashlee Simpson. Ashlee was nominated for her performance in the film Undiscovered (2005), while Jessica was nominated for her performance in The Dukes of Hazzard (2005). However, neither won the award.
- She is the national spokesperson for Operation Smile.
- Auditioned for The All New Mickey Mouse Club (1989) as a child, but lost the role to future stars like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera (who was later her competition in the music industry).
Personal Quotes by Jessica Simpson
I think anything sounds good with a Southern accent.- Jessica Simpson
The point of launching a maternity line, for me, was to do something different.- Jessica Simpson
I want to do the romantic comedies. You know, the stuff that Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon would choose, of course.- Jessica Simpson
I think there’s a difference between ditzy and dumb. Dumb is just not knowing. Ditzy is having the courage to ask!- Jessica Simpson
It’s been hard, but I’ve finally come to the realization that it’s okay to not be perfect.- Jessica Simpson