Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Johnny Depp. Check it out!
Johnny Depp is perhaps one of the most versatile actors of his day and age in Hollywood.
Interesting Facts about Johnny Depp
- Had come into professional contact with the great screen villains Vincent Price and Christopher Lee. Price co-starred with Depp in Edward Scissorhands (1990), and Lee co-starred with him in Sleepy Hollow (1999), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) and Corpse Bride (2005). Oddly, all of them were Tim Burton films.
- He was the first choice for Jackie Boy in Sin City (2005). The part went to Benicio Del Toro, his costar in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998).
- As a child, he was allergic to chocolate.
- Nominated for Grammy award along with Douglas Brinkley in the category of Best Album Notes for Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Music from the Film. 
- Based his characterization of Edward D. Wood Jr. on a mixture of “the blind optimism of Ronald Reagan, the enthusiasm of “The Tin Man” from The Wizard of Oz (1939) and Casey Kasem”.
- Namechecked in the opening lines of the song “Mermaid” by US band Train (2012): “Can’t swim so I took a boat / To an island so remote / Only Johnny Depp has ever been to it before”.
- He was adopted as an honorary son by LaDonna Harris, a member of the Comanche Nation, on May 22, 2012, making him an honorary member of Harris’s family but not a member of any tribe.
- Great admirer of Marlon Brando. He was also good friends with the legendary actor, who described Depp as one of the greatest actors of his generation.
- Engaged to Amber Heard [January 17, 2014].
- Received the prestigious Career Achievement Award at 2009. Bahamas International Film Festival (BIFF). Festival Patron Sean Connery presented Depp with his award.
- Suffers from near-sightedness since birth, and is nearly blind in his left eye. He claims that the condition cannot be corrected by surgery.
- Is a fan of the popular British series Midsomer Murders (1997). He also stated that he would like to make a guest appearance in this long-running show.
Personal Quotes by Johnny Depp
I was angry and frustrated until I started my own family and my first child was born. Until then I didn’t really appreciate life the way I should have, but fortunately I woke up.- Johnny Depp
With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it’s just not acting. It’s lying.- Johnny Depp
I’m shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I’ve done everything I can to avoid it.- Johnny Depp
The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.- Johnny Depp
Here’s the thing – if Donald Trump is elected president of the United States, in a kind of historical way, it’s exciting because we will see the actual last president of the United States. It just won’t work after that.- Johnny Depp