Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Check it out!
Jonathan Taylor Thomas was born Jonathan Taylor Weiss on September 8, 1981 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, to Claudine (Gonsalves) and Stephen Weiss. He has an older brother, Joel, and has Pennsylvania Dutch (German) and Portuguese ancestry. Growing up, he liked the music group Boyz II Men, and his favorite TV shows were Roseanne (1988) and Grace Under Fire (1993), but he also liked watching CNN news, to keep up to date with current events. One thing that Jonathan does not like is meat. He has been a vegetarian since he was four years old, and he doesn’t use products that are tested on animals because he believes that it is wrong to hurt them.
Interesting Facts about Jonathan Taylor Thomas
- His mother was a social worker then she managed his career.
- Doesn’t like the nickname JTT. He doesn’t understand why people just can’t say his whole name.
- As of January 2000, is finishing his senior year of high school, and plans to enter college in the fall. He will likely attend either an Ivy League school, or Oxford University, and plans to double-major in theatre and history. He will continue to act during school vacations.
- Has one brother: Joel Thomas Weiss.
- Was the first actor to win the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards ’99 (1999) for his memorable 8 year role as “Randy Taylor” on Home Improvement (1991).
- Has done voice overs for cartoons and video games such as The Itsy Bitsy Spider (1994), The Adventures of Spot (1987), The Ivy Cottage, and Scooter’s Magic Castle.
- Moved to Roseville, California, after Pennsylvania, and went to Sergeant Elementary before his parents got divorced. He moved to Sacramento with his mother to pursue his career.
- His father worked as a construction supplies salesman.
- When he was a young child, his mother worked for an organization for underprivileged adults. She often brought him to work and work-related functions because she wanted him to grow up to be thankful for what he had and to have the willingness to help others.
- Visited Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, as a possible college to attend.
- He was featured on a 2001 cover of “The Advocate” magazine, a gay and lesbian magazine, for his featured interview, to discuss, in part, his role in Common Ground (2000), a gay themed Showtime Networks movie.
- Loves to watch college basketball.
Personal Quotes by Jonathan Taylor Thomas
I can’t tell you how many shows I’ve done with full-blown migraine headaches.- Jonathan Taylor Thomas
An education is a more surefire guarantee that you have possibilities opened to you.- Jonathan Taylor Thomas
I wouldn’t recommend young kids see ‘Speedway Junkie.’ It’s definitely an age-appropriate movie – dark and realistic and edgy. If young kids want to see me, go see the Christmas movie.- Jonathan Taylor Thomas
It’s difficult to have any animosity towards someone if you recognize that on so many levels they’re exactly the same as you.- Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Success is not in never failing, but rising everytime you fall!- Jonathan Taylor Thomas