Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jude Law. Check it out!
Jude Law is an English actor. Law has been nominated for two Academy Awards and continues to build a prolific body of work that spans from early successes such as Gattaca (1997) and The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) to more recent turns as Dr. John Watson in Sherlock Holmes (2009) and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011), as Hugo’s father in Hugo (2011) and in the titular role in Dom Hemingway (2013).
Interesting Facts about Jude Law
- Playing Hamlet in Denmark at Kronborg Castle [August 2009]
- Broke a rib after falling backwards while filming the murder scene on the boat in the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999).
- Model Samantha Burke revealed that she is seven months pregnant with a baby girl by Law. They met each other outside of a New York night club while Law was shooting Sherlock Holmes (2009) and had a very short relationship that was already over by the time Burke discovered she was pregnant. [August 2009]
- Former roommate of Ewan McGregor and Jonny Lee Miller.
- Good friends with Rachel Weisz.
- At the age of 12, started acting with the National Youth Music Theatre.
- He kept the shirts his characters in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997) and Gattaca (1997) wore in the scenes when they were killed.
- In order to gain weight for his role in Dom Hemingway (2013), he drank ten Coca-Colas per day.
- Playing Hamlet at Wyndham’s Theatre in London [July 2009]
- He was cast to play Clark Kent/Superman in a Batman vs Superman film in 2001 that was to be directed by Wolfgang Petersen and starred Colin Farrell as Bruce Wayne/Batman but it was never made.
- Became a father for the 1st time at age 23 when his girlfriend [now ex-wife] Sadie Frost gave birth to their son Rafferty Law on 6 October 1996.
- Reconciled with former fiancée Sienna Miller after they appeared in separate stage productions in New York (October 2009).
Personal Quotes by Jude Law
I’m not Tom Cruise. Very few British actors are. If you look at the body of work I’ve done it’s pretty obvious I’m not going to make a ‘Mission: Impossible.’– Jude Law
I would never know how to sell myself as a sex symbol. That’s not how I’m programmed.– Jude Law
My only obligation is to keep myself and other people guessing.– Jude Law
I honestly have no interest in celebrity whatsoever. If anything, I always cringe at it because it takes away from what I am, which is an actor who wants to be better and do better things.– Jude Law
I’m happiest at home hanging out with the kids… Having a family has been my saving grace because I don’t work back to back on anything or I’d drive myself to an early grave with guilt and worry for my family, whom I’d never see.– Jude Law