Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Julia Garner. Check it out!
Julia Garner is an American actress and model. She is best known for her roles in Electrick Children (2012), We Are What We Are (2013), The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012), Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014), and Grandma (2015).
Interesting Facts about Julia Garner
- Her mother, Tami Gingold, was a therapist and led a successful comedy career in Israel. Her father, Thomas Garner, was a painter and art teacher. Her sister, Anna, is a writer, artist, and producer.
- She was cast alongside Zoey Deutch and Nicholas Braun in the 2016 comedy Good Kids.
- Says she’s fascinated by the legendary Bette Davis, especially her performance in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962).
- Counts fellow actress Juno Temple as a close friend.
- Born and raised in New York. Her father, Thomas Garner, is an art teacher, originally from Ohio. Her mother, Tami Gingold, who is originally from Israel, is a therapist who was ‘a famous comedian in Israel 30 years ago’.
- She began taking acting lessons at the age of fifteen to overcome shyness. By the time she was seventeen, she had made her theatrical debut in the 2011 film Martha Marcy May Marlene.
- At 15, she started taking acting classes as a hobby to help overcome her ‘shyness’.
- She earned her first starring role in the 2012 film Electrick Children.
- Her favorite actress is Bette Davis and her favorite films are All About Eve (1950), Annie Hall (1977), Rosemary’s Baby (1968), Babel (2006) and The Student Prince (1927).
Personal Quotes by Julia Garner
Beetlejuice’ used to scare me.- Julia Garner
I think Matthew Rhys is great. I think he’s a phenomenal actor.- Julia Garner
I think the hardest thing about doing an accent, especially with a Missouri accent, is making sure that you’re not mumbling with the words so your diction is clear.- Julia Garner
I didn’t grow up, really, in the film business, even though my parents are both artists. I grew up in New York City. They would never put me into acting. I just kind of wanted it, and I told them that.- Julia Garner
If you really love something, just continue doing it.- Julia Garner