Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jurnee Smollett. Check it out!
Jurnee Smollett was born on October 1, 1986, in New York City, New York, USA, as Jurnee Diana Smollett. She is an actress, known for her role as Jess Merriweather on the Emmy Award-winning TV series Friday Night Lights (2006). She is also known for her roles in The Great Debaters (2007), Eve’s Bayou (1997), and True Blood (2008), as well as Jason Katims’s NBC show Parenthood (2010). She is the daughter of Janet and Joel Smollett. Her father was Ashkenazi Jewish and her mother is African-American.
Interesting Facts about Jurnee Smollett
- Her first acting role was in a diaper commercial when she was 10 months old. She received her SAG card at the age of 3.
- Due to her unusual ethnic mix, she describes herself as “blewish”: black+Jewish (Jewish dad and African-American mom).
- Has starred in two movies with Meagan Good: Eve’s Bayou (1997) and Roll Bounce (2005).
- Sister of Jojo Smollett, Jazz Smollett, Jussie Smollett, Jake Smollett, and Jocqui Smollett. They all starred together as siblings on the TV series On Our Own (1994).
- Gave birth to her first child at age 30, a son named Hunter Zion Bell on October 31, 2016. Child’s father is her now estranged husband, Josiah Bell.
- Her father was Ashkenazi Jewish (from a family from Poland and Russia) and her mother is African-American.
Personal Quotes by Jurnee Smollett
I have so many passions outside of my passion for acting.- Jurnee Smollett
I don’t really think about the critics or the commercial success.- Jurnee Smollett
After being a mom, we are now in a different chapter in our womanhood, and instead of trying to be our old selves or get our old body back, we should embrace who we are now.- Jurnee Smollett
I think, as human beings, we try to hide our flaws and try to present this perfect person, this person we wish we were, to our spouse when that causes so many troubles.- Jurnee Smollett
I’m a grandma at heart.- Jurnee Smollett