Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Justin Hartley. Check it out!
Justin Hartley can currently be seen starring on NBC’s critically acclaimed, award winning series, “This Is Us,” alongside Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia, Sterling K. Brown and Chrissy Metz. Created by Dan Fogelman, “This Is Us” premiered in September 2016 and instantly broke ratings records, earning the freshman series an immediate two-season renewal, with season three set to premiere on September 25, 2018. The heartwarming, emotionally provocative drama follows a unique set of triplets and their wonderful parents, whose lives and struggles intertwine, challenging the everyday presumptions about the people you think you know. Hartley shines as Kevin Pearson, one-third of the “big three” and a successful, handsome actor that seemingly has it all. However, as the series has progressed, viewers have been captivated as Kevin’s perfect life has deconstructed episode to episode; from struggling with addiction, coping with the death of his father, exposing the dysfunctional relationship with both his mother and brother, and his heartbreaking longing to be loved and accepted by his own family. Hartley and his cast members most recently won the 2018 SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, and the show picked up five additional Emmy nominations in 2018, following 33 award wins and 80 nominations over the last two years, and counting.
Interesting Facts about Justin Hartley
- An avid baseball fan his entire life. His two favorite teams are the Cubs and the Dodgers.
- Replaced Will Toale as the young Aquaman, Arthur “AC” Curry, for the TV series, Aquaman (2006).
- Grew up in Orland Park, Illinois.
- Announced in the Passions fan fest that he is leaving the show. The role of Fox Crane will be recast. [October 2005]
- He is the first actor to play a live-action version of DC Comics hero Green Arrow.
- (July 31, 2016) Engaged to girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, Chrishell Stause.
- He watches professional wrestling.
- Has a dog (half beagle-half terrier) named “The Gooch”.
- Has an older brother named Nathan and younger sisters named Megan and Gabriela.
- Was going to play the young Aquaman on Aquaman (2006) and then appeared as the Green Arrow/Oliver Queen on Smallville (2001). The episode “Justice” featured him as Green Arrow opposite Alan Ritchson as Aquaman, who’s previous appearance on the episode “Aqua” had sparked interest in doing Mercy Reef (2006) (even though Ritchson, five years younger than Hartley, was not considered for the Mercy Reef (2006) series).
- Attended Southern Illinois University and The University of Illinois in Chicago. Majored in History and Theater.
- Has played two members of the DC Comics Justice League: Aquaman and Green Arrow.
Personal Quotes by Justin Hartley
It’s all about story and character with me, and I don’t care if the job is on daytime or prime time or the web. Hey, give me a good character and someone to listen, and I’ll do my acting on a street corner.- Justin Hartley
Just because it reads well doesn’t mean it’s always going to look good on screen. Then, a network or studio has to pick up the show, and then they have to order more episodes, and then people have to watch it. It could be the greatest thing on television that nobody ever watches.- Justin Hartley
I haven’t ever had so many women come up to me and tell me that I made them cry. And they’re smiling about it, which is kind of an odd thing. Usually it’s not a good thing.- Justin Hartley
Your relationship with your sister-in-law is hingeing on your brother’s – or your sister-in-law’s – ability to keep that relationship together.- Justin Hartley
My mother always told me, ‘Don’t make women cry.’- Justin Hartley