Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kristanna Loken. Check it out!
Kristanna Sommer Loken was born in Ghent, New York, to Rande (Porath) and Merlin “Chris” Loken. She is of half Norwegian and half German descent. She began her modeling career at the early age of 15. Encouraged by her mother, who was a model prior to her daughter’s birth, Kristanna’s modeling career, as well as her aspirations in acting brought her to New York where she now resides. The glamorous actress/ model seems to have stayed true to her roots: her father owns an apple farm in upstate New York where he writes novels and screenplays. Aside from establishing herself as a supermodel with an Elite contract, Kristanna has made numerous television appearances as well as what could be her breakthrough film role in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger, released in 2003.
Interesting Facts about Kristanna Loken
- Actress and model.
- Current President and CEO of TRIO Entertainment.
- Took a mime class to prepare for her role in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003). Because her “T-X” character has so few lines (and all within the first 25 minutes of the movie), she had to learn to communicate through facial expressions and body gestures.
- Robert Patrick and Kristanna Loken both played evil terminators in Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) (respectively) and would later co-star in SWAT: Firefight (2011).
- Ranked #3 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2003 list, behind only Shania Twain and Christina Aguilera.
- Has one sister, Tanya, who is 16 years her senior.
- Attended Armageddon Expo in Wellington in 2011.
- She has a son, Thor Bates (b. May 2016), with her boyfriend Jonathan Bates.
- She greatly enjoys being remembered for her early work, such as: the roles of Sable O’Brien on Unhappily Ever After (1995), and of James Brolin’s daughter on Pensacola: Wings of Gold (1997); and also for starring in Mortal Kombat: Conquest (1998).
- Some of her favorite movies are: Apocalypse Now (1979), Full Metal Jacket (1987) and The English Patient (1996).
- Put on 15 pounds of muscle for her role in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003).
- Kristanna’s ancestry is half Norwegian and half German. Kristanna’s father is of three quarters Norwegian and one quarter German ancestry, while Kristanna’s mother is of three quarters German and one quarter Norwegian ancestry.
Personal Quotes by Kristanna Loken
I always try to make myself be very approachable and easy to talk to, so hopefully people will feel that they can approach me.- Kristanna Loken
Playing a robot is possibly the most difficult role you can have as an actor, because you have to take all your innate emotional responses and completely suppress them. Even the way you walk is affected.- Kristanna Loken
I connect with an aura, with energy. And if the person with whom I connect happens to be a female, that’s just the way it is.- Kristanna Loken
I definitely felt that I was put at a very high place to be able to be a part of such a wonderful franchise in cinema history, so I was definitely very driven at doing a great job and having my body look the way it should and just being a part of the creative process.- Kristanna Loken
I worked with a mime coach. I did weapons training. I did weight training.- Kristanna Loken