Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kristen Wiig. Check it out!
Kristen Carroll Wiig was born on August 22, 1973 in Canandaigua, New York, to Laurie J. (Johnston), an artist, and Jon J. Wiig, a lake marina manager. She is of Norwegian (from her paternal grandfather), Irish, English, and Scottish descent. The family moved to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, before settling in Rochester, New York. When Wiig was 9 years old, her parents divorced and she lived with her mother and older brother Erik.
Interesting Facts about Kristen Wiig
- Is close friends with Paul (2011) co-stars, British comedy actors and directors Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost.
- Nicknamed “The Brown Cow” by friends for her love of chocolate.
- In the 2008-2009 Saturday Night Live (1975) series, Wiig appeared in more sketches than any other member of the cast.
- In December 2008, Wiig was featured in Entertainment Weekly’s list of 15 Great Performances for her various impersonations on Saturday Night Live (1975).
- Alumna of the Groundlings Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Once waited tables in the executive dining room of Universal Studios.
- She is the first actress to perform as Wonder Woman’s foe, Cheetah.
- One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. 
- Her father ran a lake marina in western New York.
- In April 2009, Wiig was featured in Entertainment Weekly’s list of the 25 Funniest Women in Hollywood.
- Her best known animated role is Lola (Bug Bunny’s significant other) on The Looney Tunes Show (2011).
- She is of Norwegian and Irish ancestry on her father’s side, and of English and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side. Her surname, “Wiig”, is Norwegian.
Personal Quotes by Kristen Wiig
I love the rain. It’s my favorite weather.- Kristen Wiig
I like to write and draw and paint, and my mom’s an artist, so I think I get caught up in thinking, ‘I’m afraid it’s gonna be bad,’ and it’s hard for me to start sometimes.- Kristen Wiig
I do sort of gravitate towards smaller, indie-type movies.- Kristen Wiig
I don’t know about the romantic comedy route, although never say never.- Kristen Wiig
I really, really want to go to Paris. I’ve never been.- Kristen Wiig