Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Leonardo DiCaprio. Check it out!
Few actors in the world have had a career quite as diverse as Leonardo DiCaprio’s. DiCaprio has gone from relatively humble beginnings, as a supporting cast member of the sitcom Growing Pains (1985) and low budget horror movies, such as Critters 3 (1991), to a major teenage heartthrob in the 1990s, as the hunky lead actor in movies such as Romeo + Juliet (1996) and Titanic (1997), to then become a leading man in Hollywood blockbusters, made by internationally renowned directors such as Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan.
Interesting Facts about Leonardo DiCaprio
- Was named Commander of the Order of the Arts and Letters in France in the same day that Martin Scorsese received the Legion of Honour. Recipients of the order are honored for their significant contribution to the enrichment of French culture. France’s Culture Minister Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres described DiCaprio as an ‘icon, little Hollywood prince, bad boy from Los Angeles, modern romantic hero, Peter Pan of American cinema’. [January 5, 2005].
- (December 23, 2004) Mentioned in an interview with Katie Couric that while filming The Aviator (2004), it brought back his own obsessive-compulsive disorder that he had as a child.
- After The Wolf of Wall Street (2013), took a 2 year hiatus from acting, citing exhaustion. His next film The Revenant (2015) will debut more than two years after The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)’s release.
- Donated a Banksy painting from his art collection for the amfAR Gala charity auction in Cannes, where it fetched $1 million. The painting was introduced by Marion Cotillard and Michael Fassbender. [May 21, 2015].
- Auditioned for the role of Dick Grayson/Robin in Batman Forever (1995), which went to Chris O’Donnell.
- (October 15, 2006) Attended the 1st Annual Rome Film Festival in Italy.
- Good friends with Lukas Haas, Mark Wahlberg Kevin Connolly, and Alan Thicke.
- When his camera went missing, he offered a substantial reward of many thousands of pounds for its return. [November 2003]
- (January 19, 2009) Attended the London premiere of Revolutionary Road (2008).
- Attended FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 opening ceremony in São Paulo, wearing a scarf with Brazil’s flag. [June 12, 2014].
- He is the fourth actor to portray the character of Jay Gatsby in a major motion picture released in cinemas. Warner Baxter portrayed the character in The Great Gatsby (1926), Alan Ladd in The Great Gatsby (1949), and Robert Redford in The Great Gatsby (1974).
- In early 2014, CNN did a segment at the factory where the Oscar statue and nameplates are made. Presenter Ted Rowlands held Leonardo DiCaprio’s nameplate leading people to assume CNN spoiled the big surprise, though voting hadn’t even taken place yet. The award ended up going to Matthew McConaughey.
Personal Quotes by Leonardo DiCaprio
I play fictitious characters often solving fictitious problems. I believe mankind has looked at climate change in the same way, as if it were a fiction.– Leonardo DiCaprio
I’ve always been spontaneous and outgoing… I’ve tried lots of things so I’ve got some good life experiences, which is great ’cause it means I’ve got lots of material to work with as an actor.– Leonardo DiCaprio
Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me, I don’t know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I’m a weirdo.– Leonardo DiCaprio
I think I will always feel like an outsider.– Leonardo DiCaprio
If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.– Leonardo DiCaprio