Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mads Mikkelsen. Check it out!
Mads Mikkelsen’s great successes parallel those achieved by the Danish film industry since the mid-1990s. He was born in Østerbro, Copenhagen, to Bente Christiansen, a nurse, and Henning Mikkelsen, a banker.
Interesting Facts about Mads Mikkelsen
- He has played the accountant in the music video “Bitch Better Have My Money” from the singer Rihanna.
- Has appeared in three Danish films that were submitted for the Oscar in the Best Foreign Language Film category: After the Wedding (2006), A Royal Affair (2012) and The Hunt (2012).
- Was a guest at Kristian Luuk show Godnatt, Sverige (2005). [May 2005]
- Learned Swedish during his 1-year-long dance training in Göteborg because he grew tired of Swedes only smiling and nodding at him when he spoke to them in Danish.
- One of very few actors to have appeared in a Star Wars film (Rogue One (2016)), a James Bond film (Casino Royale (2006)) and a Marvel Cinematic Universe film (Doctor Strange (2016)). Coincidentally, his character dies in all three films.
- Younger brother of actor Lars Mikkelsen.
- A keen motorcyclist owning a rare 1937 Danish Nimbus.
- He was originally a gymnast and dancer on Danish television.
- Speaks Swedish fluently and has lived in Gothenburg for many years.
- Mads is pronounced like ‘mas’ in Christmas. Mikkelsen is ‘mikkel’ as you would pronounce the metal ‘nickel’ and ‘sen’ is pronounced ‘zen’ – Mickelzen.
- His favourite movie is Taxi Driver (1976).
- Shooting the Danish movie Adam’s Apples (2005). [August 2004]
Personal Quotes by Mads Mikkelsen
Sometimes you’re trying your best and you still can’t find a solution, but I try not to waste my life living in a dark place.- Mads Mikkelsen
I make an awesome soup with coconut milk and shrimps; it takes me five hours to prepare the whole thing. It does become very spicy, but you can definitely taste all the ingredients.- Mads Mikkelsen
One thing I can say about the French language is that no one in the world loves their language as much as they do. It doesn’t matter if you’re close – it still sounds terrible to their ears.- Mads Mikkelsen
If David Bowie wants, I’ll put him in my phone book.- Mads Mikkelsen
We can ask ourselves why we invent God, and then, ten minutes later, we invent Satan – why? Because we need him; there’s something fascinating about the other side of the coin.- Mads Mikkelsen