Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Margot Robbie. Check it out!
Margot Elise Robbie was born on July 2, 1990 in Dalby, Queensland, Australia to Scottish parents. Her mother, Sarie Kessler, is a physiotherapist, and her father, is Doug Robbie. She comes from a family of four children, having two brothers and one sister. She graduated from Somerset College in Mudgeeraba, Queensland, Australia, a suburb in the Gold Coast hinterland of South East Queensland, where she and her siblings were raised by their mother and spent much of her time at the farm belonging to her grandparents. In her late teens, she moved to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia to pursue an acting career.
Interesting Facts about Margot Robbie
- There is a 19-year age difference between Robbie and her Suicide Squad (2016) co-star, Jared Leto. They portray the iconic DC Comics super-villain couple, Harley Quinn and the Joker.
- Merited a place in Time magazine’s “100 Most Influential People” issue with an homage written by Martin Scorsese. [May 2017]
- To prepare for her role as Dr. Harleen Quinzel in Suicide Squad (2016), she researched Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) testing to understand how mental illnesses are diagnosed. She used the information gathered from the testing to try and apply it to her reactions and how she dealt with a character like the Joker.
- Is the third of four children of Doug Robbie and Sarie Kessler.
- Robbie refused to lose weight for the role of Jane Porter in The Legend of Tarzan (2016) and has said she would rather focus on being healthy than being skinny.
- Her mother, Sarie, gave her away at her wedding due to her estrangement from her father, Doug. Her sister, Anya, served as her maid of honor.
- Her younger brother, Cameron Robbie, felt inspired to pursue acting after seeing the success his older sister was able to achieve. Her older brother, Lachlan Robbie, also works in the film industry as a stuntman.
- Director David Ayer said during San Diego Comic-Con International 2016 that it was a blessing to have Robbie on board as Harley Quinn because not many actresses would have tolerated what she went through to prepare for and perform the role.
- According to Robbie, the most stressful aspect of producing films is box office performance.
- Robbie describes her origins in Dalby, Queensland as simple, outdoorsy and very rural.
- She turned down the role of Sam Thomson in the Oscar-winning film Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014). The role ultimately went to Emma Stone which earned her a nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
- She got her first two film roles in Vigilante (2008) and I.C.U. (2009) without an agent.
Personal Quotes by Margot Robbie
When I first tried the American accent, for a moment I thought I could never be an actor because I just could not do it. But then I thought, ‘Okay, it’ll just be something that I work at until I get it.’– Margot Robbie
I just try to keep healthy more so than trying to be thin.– Margot Robbie
I’m not extravagant. I share my house in London with five roommates. I take the Tube. I intend to stay the exact same person I always was.– Margot Robbie
I kind of left everyone behind in Australia – all my friends and my family and I had to break up with my boyfriend.– Margot Robbie
I swear I’m not bossy in any other aspect of my life – it’s just on set.– Margot Robbie