Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michael Jackson. Check it out!
Michael Joseph Jackson was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana, and entertained audiences nearly his entire life. His father, Joe Jackson (no relation to Joe Jackson, also a musician), had been a guitarist, but was forced to give up his musical ambitions following his marriage to Michael’s mother Katherine Jackson (née Katherine Esther Scruse). Together, they prodded their growing family’s musical interests at home. By the early 1960s, the older boys Jackie, Tito and Jermaine had begun performing around the city; by 1964, Michael and Marlon had joined in.
Interesting Facts about Michael Jackson
- The godmother of his daughter Paris Jackson and son Prince Michael Jackson was Elizabeth Taylor.
- In November 2003, he was arrested and charged with sexually abusing a 12-year-old boy. In February 2005, the trial for charges including molestation and intoxication of a minor began. It was expected to last at least six months. In June 2005, he was acquitted on all charges.
- He spent his last days at a rented mansion at 100 North Carolwood Drive in Los Angeles. The property was once owned by Sean Connery.
- He kept a pet chimpanzee, Bubbles.
- He was close friends with Lou Ferrigno. Jackson invited Ferrigno to be his personal trainer to prepare for the ‘This Is It’ concerts. Ferrigno had appeared in the “Liberian Girl” short film in 1989 and they remained friends until Jackson’s death in 2009.
- He was the godfather of Nicole Richie.
- In 1997 a survey declared Jackson the most famous person in the world, ahead of Pope John Paul II and then US President Bill Clinton.
- He was presented with an “Artist of the decade” award by Elizabeth Taylor in 1989, proclaiming him “the true king of pop, rock and soul”.
- He was a close friend of the former child star Mark Lester. Lester is godfather to Jackson’s children. Although the two had not spoken for several years before his death.
- The music video for his song “Thriller” was with 13 minutes the longest music video ever, until this record was broken by Mike Skinner with the video for the song “When You Wasn’t Famous”.
- He was a fan of Fulham Football Club (English Premier League soccer club), based at Craven Cottage, Fulham, London, England. Fellow fans include Elizabeth Hurley, Lily Allen, Hugh Grant, Pierce Brosnan, Hugh Laurie, Benicio Del Toro, Daniel Radcliffe and Andrew Johnston.
- He returned to live in the United States on 24 December 2006, setting up residence in Las Vegas.
Personal Quotes by Michael Jackson
I’m a black American, I am proud of my race. I am proud of who I am. I have a lot of pride and dignity.Michael Jackson
People write negatives things, cause they feel that’s what sells. Good news to them, doesn’t sell.Michael Jackson
But I will never stop helping and loving people the way Jesus said to.Michael Jackson
Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be loved.Michael Jackson
Before I would hurt a child, I would slit my wrists.Michael Jackson