Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Minka Kelly. Check it out!
Minka Kelly was born in Los Angeles, California and she is the only child of former Aerosmith guitarist, Rick Dufay, and Maureen Kelly, an exotic dancer and single mother, who often moved with her daughter to different communities before settling in Albuquerque, New Mexico, by the time Minka was in junior high school.
Interesting Facts about Minka Kelly
- Her grandfather is actor Richard Ney, co-star and ex-husband of Academy Award-winning actress Greer Garson.
- After graduating from high school, she returned from New Mexico to Los Angeles with her father to pursue acting as a hobby while she went to school to become a surgical technician. However, after her first acting class, she got hooked and began pursuing acting as a career.
- Daughter of Rick Dufay and Maureen Kelly.
- Ranked #54 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Named the “Sexiest Woman Alive” by Esquire magazine [October 11, 2010].
- She has Austrian, German, Irish, English, French, Scottish, Dutch, and likely 1/32 Indonesian, ancestry.
- She is the first actress to play the DC Comics character Dawn Granger/Dove in a live-action adaptation.
- Her secret engagement to Derek Jeter, which became public in January 2010, ended in August 2011.
- Ranked #42 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Graduated from Valley High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1998.
Personal Quotes by Minka Kelly
I love making characters real and believable, through my own experience and choices.- Minka Kelly
No matter what you’re doing, live it. Make an experience. Have fun. Relate to someone. Take them in. Learn.- Minka Kelly
I learned how to scuba dive, which is something that I’ve always wanted to do.- Minka Kelly
In L.A. everyone is an actor. In Texas, everyone’s a musician.- Minka Kelly
I moved to California not to pursue acting but to get out of Albuquerque.- Minka Kelly