Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ralph Fiennes. Check it out!
Actor Ralph Nathaniel Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes was born on December 22, 1962 in Suffolk, England, to Jennifer Anne Mary Alleyne (Lash), a novelist, and Mark Fiennes, a photographer. He is the eldest of six children. Four of his siblings are also in the arts: Martha Fiennes, a director; Magnus Fiennes, a musician; Sophie Fiennes, a producer; and Joseph Fiennes, an actor. He is of English, Irish, and Scottish origin.
Interesting Facts about Ralph Fiennes
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#33). 
- He was considered for the role of Robert Langdon in The Da Vinci Code (2006), which went to Tom Hanks.
- Stars in Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar” as Mark Antony at London’s Barbican Centre, in a production by Deborah Warner with Fiona Shaw (Calpurnia) and John Shrapnel (Caesar). The production will be on tour to France and Spain later this year with the same cast. [April 2005]
- Filmed his role as Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) in only two days.
- An Associate Member of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
- He and his The End of the Affair (1999) co-star Julianne Moore have acted in separate Hannibal Lecter films: he in Red Dragon (2002) and she in Hannibal (2001).
- He has English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry. Many of his recent ancestors lived in India, during the British colonial period. He has said that his surname, “Fiennes”, is of Norman origin.
- On 3 March 2001, he received the William Shakespeare Award from the Shakespeare Theatre in Washington, D.C. Past recipients include Mel Gibson, Patrick Stewart, Lynn Redgrave, Kenneth Branagh and Kevin Kline.
- His performance as “Amon Goeth” in Schindler’s List (1993) is ranked #61 on Premiere Magazine’s 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- Was considered for the role of James Bond years before being cast as Gareth Mallory in Skyfall (2012).
- Appearing in the London West End production of Oedipus as the title character [October 2008]
- 8th cousin of Prince Charles.
Personal Quotes by Ralph Fiennes
In the studio system, things are expected of a film. By the first, second, third act, there’s a generic language that comes out of the more commercial system.- Ralph Fiennes
I certainly gained a lot by reading about Shanghai.- Ralph Fiennes
I couldn’t get as big as a bodybuilder. I tried to put on as much weight in the right places as I could. My weightlifting was impressive for me, but not for some of the guys I see down at the gym.- Ralph Fiennes
We’d all like to believe that perhaps people could stop killing each other.- Ralph Fiennes
I went out to Mount Kilimanjaro, which I thought was very beautiful, but there were a lot of people there.- Ralph Fiennes