Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rita Wilson. Check it out!
Rita Wilson was born on October 26, 1956 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Margarita Ibrahimoff. She is an actress and producer, known for Jingle All The Way (1996), Sleepless in Seattle (1993) and Now and Then (1995). She has been married to Tom Hanks since April 30, 1988. They have two children.
Interesting Facts about Rita Wilson
- Godmother of Toni Cornell.
- Her father was a Pomak (Bulgarian Muslim), who was born in Greece and lived in Bulgaria and Turkey, and who worked at a racetrack; he changed his name to Allan Wilson. Her mother, Dorothy, of Greek origin, was born and raised in a Greek village on the Albanian border.
- Stepmother of Colin Hanks and Elizabeth Hanks.
- Her niece, Kristen Reeves, is an entertainment reporter for Orange County TV.
- Mother, with husband Tom Hanks, of sons Chet Hanks (b. August 4, 1990), and Truman Theodore Hanks (b. December 26, 1995).
- Older sister, Lily Wilson (teacher); and her younger brother, Chris Wilson, is the composer of My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002).
- Supports various cancer and children’s charities.
- Her father, Hassan Halilov Ibrahimoff, left Bulgaria in 1947, two years after the Soviet Union seized the government. He moved to the United States on May 4, 1949. Due to his sympathy with the United States, he was declared enemy of the state by the Bulgarian government.
- In April 2015, Wilson announced that she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had undergone a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. After a one-month hiatus, she returned to Larry David’s Fish in the Dark Broadway show.
- (March 12, 2020) Husband Tom Hanks announced that he and Wilson had contracted COVID-19 and were experiencing minor symptoms while he was shooting Untitled Elvis Presley Project (2021) in Australia. They were admitted to the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- Her niece, Carly Reeves, appears on-screen with her in the movie Raise Your Voice (2004) starring Hilary Duff.
- Attended Princess Diana’s funeral with her husband, Tom Hanks.
Personal Quotes by Rita Wilson
I always wanted to sing. I didn’t know how to do it. I didn’t know how to make the singing thing happen.- Rita Wilson
I always did sing. It’s always been something I love to do but it has also been the most private and most secret thing that you don’t really want to let the world in on.- Rita Wilson
You’ve got to want to be married to the person you’re married to.- Rita Wilson
The Greek side of me definitely loves a good meal, a lot of laughing, loud discussions.- Rita Wilson
Performing live actually thrills me. Just get me a stage, get me a mic, and I’m going to be happy.- Rita Wilson