Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rob Lowe. Check it out!
Rob Lowe was born in Charlottesville, Virginia, to Barbara Lynn (Hepler), a schoolteacher, and Charles Davis Lowe, a lawyer. His brother is actor Chad Lowe. He has German, as well as English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry. Lowe’s family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. Rob broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the “Brat Pack”, a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen and Judd Nelson, among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
Interesting Facts about Rob Lowe
- Impersonated Robert Wagner’s voice for the young Number Two in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999).
- Rob has a younger brother, Justin W. Lowe, from his father’s second marriage.
- 2011: Lowe told USA Today that if he did not dye his hair, it would be entirely grey. He said he went grey at age 24.
- During his teenage years, he was very good friends with Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen.
- His wife, Sheryl Berkoff, is a make-up artist.
- Parents are Charles Davis and Barbara Lynn Lowe.
- In 2015, he launched an online men’s skincare line branded as PROFILE(TM) Men’s Facial Products.
- He appeared in John Parr’s music video “St. Elmo’s Fire (Man In Motion)”.
- 2003: Helped in the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor of California.
- He left the television series The West Wing (1999). Reports vary as to why, but it seems to have been a combination of salary dispute and screen-time dispute (the character he plays got less focus on the series in more recent episodes). He later appeared in the first 16 episodes of the next season, though. [August 2002]
- 2000: Voted one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- One of the select few to be nominated for and subsequently “win” a Razzie Award and then not get another nomination again. Lowe “won” the 1986 Worst Supporting Actor Razzie for his performance in St. Elmo’s Fire (1985).
Personal Quotes by Rob Lowe
To go from playing Jack Startz in ‘Behind the Candelabra’ to playing JFK in the same year, I have now operated at the far ends of my range as an actor.- Rob Lowe
I’ve been around for so long, people have their perceptions of me: good, bad or indifferent.- Rob Lowe
When you’re writing personal stories, you have to be totally uncompromising – to the extent that you can be – about yourself. I know that if I am uber-uncompromising with myself, that gives me some latitude to write about others.- Rob Lowe
Cannes is a little bit like French wine. There are certain years that people prefer over others.- Rob Lowe
Sobriety was the greatest gift I ever gave myself. I don’t put it on a platform. I don’t campaign about it. It’s just something that works for me. It enabled me to really connect with another human being – my wife, Sheryl – which I was never able to do before.- Rob Lowe