Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Robbie Amell. Check it out!
Along with his sister, Robert Patrick Amell started acting when he was just six years old. At sixteen, he started to land theater roles at Lawrence Park Stage in plays such as Louis and Dave, Picasso at the Lapin Agile and The Importance of Being Earnest. The experience brought Robbie to realize that he wanted to pursue a career in acting.
Interesting Facts about Robbie Amell
- Has been in The Hunters (2013) and The Tomorrow People (2013) (2013-14), with Alexa PenaVega.
- Father, with wife Italia Ricci, of son Robert Amell (V) (b. September 12, 2019).
- Got engaged to girlfriend of six years, actress Italia Ricci, on August 20, 2014.
- Graduated Armour Heights Public School in 2000.
- Younger cousin of Stephen Amell, star of CW’s Arrow (2012).
- Has twice been involved in projects with the name “Scooby”, in which he played “Fred” of the Mystery Gang, and appeared in How I Met Your Mother (2005), as a character named “Scooby”, who had many dog-like qualities.
- He and his wife Italia Ricci became American citizens in 2020.
- His maternal step-great-grandfather, Henry John “Hank” Burden, was a World War I flying ace who was officially credited with 16 victories; Henry was a grandson of Timothy Eaton (1834-1907), the Northern Irish immigrant who founded the famous Canadian store Eaton’s in Toronto in 1869.
- He is of English, Scottish, German, Irish, one sixteenth French-Canadian, and more distant Welsh and Dutch, descent. His family’s surname, “Amell”, was spelled “Hamel” several generations back, and originates in France.
- Robbie’s great-great-great-grandfather, Benjamin Devitt, was Mayor of Waterloo, Ontario, while Robbie’s great-great-grandfather, Louis Jacob Breithaupt, was a manufacturer and political figure in Ontario, who was Mayor of Berlin, Ontario (now Kitchener, Ontario), as was Louis’s own father. Robbie’s great-great-uncle, Louis’s son Louis Orville Breithaupt, was an MP in the Canadian Parliament, and then a Lieutenant Governor of Ontario from 1952 to 1957.
Personal Quotes by Robbie Amell
I grew up watching ‘Power Rangers,’ ‘Ninja Turtles’, ‘Batman.’ You name it, I was a huge fan. And that’s what I used to play with my friends. We would have the masks and the swords and pretend we had super powers.- Robbie Amell
I don’t like people touching my face.- Robbie Amell
It’s not really a guilty pleasure, but I love old cartoons. I could watch Bugs Bunny and Tweety all day long.- Robbie Amell
I was playing a relatively high level of hockey, and I thought that’s what I wanted to do. But I had my first movie audition, and I was hooked.- Robbie Amell
My girlfriend doesn’t think I’m funny at all.- Robbie Amell