Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Robert Downey Jr.. Check it out!
Robert Downey Jr. has evolved into one of the most respected actors in Hollywood. With an amazing list of credits to his name, he has managed to stay new and fresh even after over four decades in the business.
Interesting Facts about Robert Downey Jr.
- He was considered for the lead role in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986), which went to Matthew Broderick.
- Placed his hand and footprints in concrete in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theater in 2010.
- Was approached to play the role as Zaphod Beeblebrox in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (2005).
- Starred briefly with his first wife Deborah Falconer in the Robert Altman movie Short Cuts (1993).
- Kept a great deal of the authentic vintage clothing he wore in the movie Chaplin (1992).
- Filmed his role in Hail Caesar (1994) in one day.
- Good friends with Marvel Cinematic Universe cast: Scarlett Johansson, Elizabeth Olsen, Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans, Jon Favreau, Paul Bettany, Don Cheadle and Cobie Smulders.
- Jailed for 180 days for violating probation. [December 1997]
- Is the first regular cast member of Saturday Night Live (1975) to be nominated for an Academy Award in the category “Best Actor in a Leading Role”. Joan Cusack and Dan Aykroyd were also nominated for Academy Awards some years before Downey, but both were nominated for supporting roles.
- In order to get over his drug addiction, he began studying Wing Chun in 2003 under Sifu Eric Oram, who served as a fight and martial arts consultant on Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes (2009).
- During traffic stop for speeding, he was arrested for drunk driving, possession of heroin, and possession of an unloaded pistol in his pickup truck. This was his first reported brush with the law at age 31. He was given a suspended prison sentence of three years, and granted probation with requirements of random drug testing and drug counselling. [August 1996]
- Godfather of his son Indio Falconer Downey is close friend Anthony Michael Hall.
Personal Quotes by Robert Downey Jr.
Acting is always a challenge.- Robert Downey Jr.
I think I just never wanted to be the creepy guy where people say, ‘Why do his leading ladies keep getting younger and younger, and why do they think he’s so hot even though we know that the girl who’s playing this part actually has a handsome boyfriend?’- Robert Downey Jr.
Sometimes you just gotta be drop-kicked out of the nest.- Robert Downey Jr.
I guess the issue for me is to keep things dynamic.- Robert Downey Jr.