Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Robert Forster. Check it out!
Robert Forster was born Robert Wallace Foster, Jr. in Rochester, New York, to Grace Dorothy (Montanarella) and Robert Wallace Foster, Sr., who worked as an elephant trainer and baking supply company executive. He was of English, Irish, and Italian descent. Forster first became interested in acting while attending Rochester’s Madison High School, where he performed as a song-and-dance man in musical revues. After graduating in 1959, Forster attended Heidelberg College, Alfred University and the University of Rochester on football scholarships and continued to perform in student theatrical revues.
Interesting Facts about Robert Forster
- Appeared with former NFL star/actor Fred Williamson in four films: Night Vision (1997), Original Gangstas (1996), South Beach (1993), and Vigilante (1982).
- He and Pam Grier notably co-starred in Quentin Tarantino’s Jackie Brown (1997), but that was actually the second time that they had appeared together in a movie. The first was Larry Cohen’s Original Gangstas (1996) the previous year.
- Played two characters who had to describe another character with multiple personalities. He played Dr. Simon in Psycho (1998) who had to diagnose Norman Bates with multiple personality, and in Me, Myself & Irene (2000) he played Col. Partington, who had to describe how Charlie had multiple personalities.
- Attended University of Rochester in Rochester, NY. Majored in psychology.
- The role of Jake Nyman in American Perfekt (1997) was written specifically for him by British director and close friend, Paul Chart. The film was officially selected for the 50th Anniversary Cannes Film Festival.
- Has a son, Robert Wallace Foster III (born 1965), with an ex-girlfriend named Marlene.
- Member of the Triple Nine Society, a high-IQ organization for persons whose IQ is in the 99.9th percentile.
- Profiled in “Character Kings: Hollywood’s Familiar Faces Discuss the Art & Business of Acting” by Scott Voisin. 
- Once worked as a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman.
- He has appeared in one film that has been selected for the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically or aesthetically” significant: Medium Cool (1969).
- Father of three daughters, with June Forster, Elizabeth (born 1967) Kate Forster (born 1969) and Maeghen (born 1972).
- Has four grandchildren.
Personal Quotes by Robert Forster
I decided I would open this little actors’ workshop I always told actors to look for. That gave me something to do on Wednesday nights, and after about a year of that, I realized that some of the things I was saying to actors probably had broader application. I ran into a magazine called ‘Speakers For Free.’- Robert Forster
I had four children, we all had to struggle to get up and get educated, and they all did their part, and we all did the best we could, and that’s what a family and a parent is supposed to do.- Robert Forster
I liked Jim Carrey from the very beginning.- Robert Forster
First time I ever played a bad guy. I didn’t want to do it. I got stuck in bad guys for 13 years after that.- Robert Forster
If you’re holding onto negative stuff from before, you cannot deliver excellence.- Robert Forster