Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Robin Wright. Check it out!
Robin Gayle Wright was born in Dallas, Texas, to Gayle (Gaston), a national director at Mary Kay, and Freddie Wright, a pharmaceutical executive. She grew up in San Diego, California. She started her professional career as a model in 1980 at age 14, and worked both in Paris and Japan. After finishing high school she decided to become an actress. She got a role on the soap opera Santa Barbara (1984), for which she was nominated three times for a Daytime Emmy. During the first season of the show, she fell in love with fellow cast member Dane Witherspoon, whom she married in 1986. Meanwhile, she starred in The Princess Bride (1987), playing the title role. After leaving the cast of Santa Barbara, she got the starring role in Denial (1990) alongside Jason Patric. In 1990, she was in State of Grace (1990), where she met actor Sean Penn, by whom she had a daughter, Dylan Frances, and a son, Hopper Jack. After taking some time off, Robin was back to Hollywood with one the best roles of her career: She played Tara in The Playboys (1992). She was extremely stunning and brilliant. Then, she acted in Toys (1992) with Robin Williams, and she gave a funny performance. In 1994, Wright was in the blockbuster hit Forrest Gump (1994), with Tom Hanks. For her performance as Jenny, she got a nomination for a Golden Globe Award. She got a small role in The Crossing Guard (1995), which starred Jack Nicholson. After turning down 14 roles, she played the title role of MGM/UA’s Moll Flanders (1996), directed by Pen Densham, and co-starring Morgan Freeman and Stockard Channing. She then starred in Erin Dignam’s Loved (1997), with William Hurt.
Interesting Facts about Robin Wright
- Former daughter-in-law of Eileen Ryan and Leo Penn.
- Robin Wright trained with Joanne Baron in the Meisner technique.
- Former sister-in-law of Chris Penn, Michael Penn and Aimee Mann.
- She is mentioned in the lyrics in the hit song “Palace & Main” by Sweden’s biggest rock band, Kent. “Jag skjuter allting framför mig som Robin Wright Penn gör i State of Grace,” which translates to “I push everything in front of me like Robin Wright Penn does in State of Grace (1990).”.
- Filed for divorce from Sean Penn in December 2007; the couple reconciled in April 2008, and Sean filed for legal separation in April 2009. He withdrew his bid a month later, but the couple filed for divorce in August 2009.
- Her son, Hopper Penn (Hopper Jack Penn), is named after two family friends, Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson.
- Was formerly engaged to Ben Foster from January 11, 2014 to November 12, 2014. They got back together in January 2015.
- Aunt of actor Charlie Wright.
- Born to Freddie Gayle Wright, a pharmaceutical executive, and his wife Gayle Gaston, an independent executive national sales director for Mary Kay Cosmetics.
- Was in attendance at Chris Penn’s funeral.
- She has appeared in two films that have been selected for the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically or aesthetically” significant: The Princess Bride (1987) and Forrest Gump (1994).
- Had to back out of the role of Abby McDeere in The Firm (1993), with Tom Cruise, upon discovering that she was pregnant with her second child (son Hopper Penn). The role eventually went to Jeanne Tripplehorn.
Personal Quotes by Robin Wright
I have always been a good mimic.- Robin Wright
Just lying in my big bed with Frette sheets. Oh my god, there’s nothing better.- Robin Wright
Oh my God, Zumba is the greatest invention ever for women. I like to exercise, though I do nothing consistently because I get bored and impatient. With Zumba, you’re dancing, you’re moving your hips. So much fun.- Robin Wright
I grew up very fast as a young girl, but I grew slowly into my womanhood.- Robin Wright
The seasoned woman is going to offer a more seasoned character.- Robin Wright